Got a Date

eamonnschevy

Finally got a date when my SS should be arriving in the UK.... Jan 26th then i have to wait for it to UK Customs to clear it then collect it from the docks,:driving::driving: have the SVA test :thumbs: and register it with my vanity plate :thumbs:and i'll be able to use it.. at last.. :chevy::driving::driving::chevy:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how long did it take?

I work on the docks here in LA/LB and was just wondering how long something like that takes on a ship? Also, where did it ship from and exactly where did it ship to?

Shipping is the easy part, Clearing Customs both ends is what appears to take the time.. i dropped it off at the Shippers on December 4th, but due to Christmas and new year its now due to leave Miami (i've since found out that Miami are one of the hardest ports to ship from) on the 14th Jan and arrive at Thamesport London UK on the 26th Jan. then 4-6 days to clear UK Customs. so my truck will have taken about 8 weeks (but that includes 2 weeks of holidays ), most of the trucks i've imported take between 4 and 7 weeks so it's not too bad considering the time of year...

Soon be here :D

eamonn is a major chevy guy  :flag:  :thumbs:

lol yep when i'm cut i bleed Chevy.... :chevy::chevy::chevy:

even my UK vanity License plate reads CHEVY Well as close as i can get using UK system. C4EVY.

177781.jpg

even on the Internet i've been known as eamonnschevy since the early 90s when i first came on the Internet

all the best

:chevy: eamonnschevy :chevy:

i bet you'll be so stoked to get it after waiting for so long, you'll get a ticket within 10 minutes. :driving:

Alan

lol that's a definite possibility :devil: lol, luckily my last points (the UK has a point system 3 points for each speeding ticket get 12 points and you win a bicycle or a pair of walking shoes. ;) .. but yer cant drive for a while :( ,lol.. i managed to get 3 speeding tickets in a year a while back = 9 points :eek: sure slowed me down for a while lol) then i went for years without any tickets till 3 1/2 years ago when i got caught by a Speed camera in my old K5 Blazer

100934.jpg

and got 3 more points which will be removed later this year....

so i've got a nice clean driving licence for a while :driving::driving:

i bet you'll be so stoked to get it after waiting for so long, you'll get a ticket within 10 minutes. :driving:

Alan

lol that's a definite possibility :devil: lol, luckily my last points (the UK has a point system 3 points for each speeding ticket get 12 points and you win a bicycle or a pair of walking shoes. ;) .. but yer cant drive for a while :( ,lol.. i managed to get 3 speeding tickets in a year a while back = 9 points :eek: sure slowed me down for a while lol) then i went for years without any tickets till 3 1/2 years ago when i got caught by a Speed camera in my old K5 Blazer

100934.jpg

and got 3 more points which will be removed later this year....

so i've got a nice clean driving licence for a while :driving::driving:

your SS is blown right??? yea, not for long!!

• 3 weeks later...