Diablo Predator

smithl3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant to ask you guys earlier who ordered the diablo. Any chance you also got a Holy Bible when the programmer was shipped to you. I thought it was a joke, since the box says engineered to raise hell, and the boxed up a holy bible with it?? :confused:

Well,

I have a couple of things here. I got the tuner on saturday. No time to do it until today. Went out there to get it done during my lunch@ 11:30. It downloaded the stock tune to my truck, but then wouldn't instalperformance tune or re-install stock tune!!! Got on the phone with diablo and they say again that it is the onstar giving me some issues. The only problem is their manual is not for a 2003 and is completely different. So either I am screwed and lost my factory tune, or I am hoping to god that I just don't have the right fuses out of the box!!

I will keep you guys posted on what I hear. Wish me luck :cry:

Haynss,

Maybe you can help me man. Do you have onstar with your truck, cuz it is killing my ability to download this program!! I am gonna have to send this thing back since I cannot download a program with it. Somehow the fuses are messing me up somewhere. The manual they gave me doesn't match our trucks. The fuses are in different spots appearently from 2002-2003 and named different so I am looking for different crap. Let me know if you know something I don't.

Thanks in advance

This is from the SPE Proflash website, it's from a PDF of the 2003-04 SPE Proflash manual. May be the same for the Predator. It says to pull the following fuses:

Interior Fuse Box:

#12 SEO ACCY

#17 TBC 2B

#18 TBC 2C

#20 TBC ACCY

#23 TBC 2A

Underhood fuse box:

#16 TBC BATT

#38 TBC IGN 1

#50 radio

#58 INFO

Hope this helps.

Also, this is the number for runningwith the devil.com: 251-694-1112. I emailed James a lot over the summer about getting a predator. Call him, he can hook you up I bet.

Lucas,

Here is a copy of an email I sent Nick at Diablosport once concerning pulling of fuses:

Nick,

How have you been able to get dyno results for the SS? You said 20-25RWHP

with the Predator but the SS is AWD. Also, I notice other programmer's

request you pull the info, radio, TBCIGN 1, and TBC BATT fuses before

install. Should I do the same before using the Predator? Sorry for all the

questions but I'm trying to decide on the best programmer for my needs. The

Predator seems appealling to me because of all of it's features. Thanks for

your help.

Sincerely,

Chris

ANd here is his answer:

As far as the fuse issue, all flash programmers should use this as a safety

feature to protect the PCM in the flash process. If electrical power in the

vehicle changes during the writing process the vehicle can be effected

negatively, and may require a trip to the dealer to be flashed back to

stock. Pulling the fuses is just our way of insuring the system does not

change or vary in the writing process.

Nick Spinelli

Diablosport Sales Manager

(561)908-0050 Ext #203

(561)908-0051 Fax

[email protected]

Maybe this will help too

Alright guys sorry for the never ending comments, but I got everything working fine. The only thing is that the predator manual I got was outdated for our year truck. I found the right fuses, and the program went in just fine. Took if for a quick spin and noticed results immediately the shift was much firmer, and after increasing shift pressure, RPM, and time delay of shift, it felt great.

Rico, thanks again for the info to go on. After I get some time on this thing I'll give a better discription of what I feel different.

:cheers:

Haynss,

Maybe you can help me man. Do you have onstar with your truck, cuz it is killing my ability to download this program!! I am gonna have to send this thing back since I cannot download a program with it. Somehow the fuses are messing me up somewhere. The manual they gave me doesn't match our trucks. The fuses are in different spots appearently from 2002-2003 and named different so I am looking for different crap. Let me know if you know something I don't.

Thanks in advance

sorry i didnt get to read the board till now, glad to hear you got the problem solved. just gotta pull fuses :D

:D Glad you got your truck back on the road.I will be installing my Predator tune when Fed-ex leaves it later this week. From what I have seen, I will not touch anything inside the truck except for the tuner,turn off the radio and remove my phone.I do not have Onstar, which seems to be causing most of the problems, or Xm-radio.I do miss the Superchip tune that I removed so that I could exchange it for the Predator. :jester: I am ready to try out the more tuning options and learn how to use the realtime data logging. :D

Archived