Sea Foam question

Ron's SS

is lucas good stuff?? cuz i just put some in an empty tank and then filled up. ran it back down to empty, and plan on changing the filter then filling up again. is what i did enough?? or should i go ahead and use the seafoam in the engine bay as well??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is the pcv method a two person job? one person cranking up and turning off the truck while the other person holds the pcv valve in the container of sea foam or is it ok to leave the pcv valve hanging for a few seconds while turning on and off the truck.

1 person can do it. Remove the plastic engine cover 1st, then remove the PCV valve hose AND valve itself from the hose. Then clean the end of the hose if needed with a shop towel to remove dirt, etc. Open your can of Seafoam and remove the pull tab seal, then start ur truck up and close the unlocked door. Now, reach under the hood and place the PCV hose (w/o valve) into the Seafoam can. Now, depending on hoe much carbon build up u have, ur truck might start ideling rough and try to die. This is were u use your other hand to "throttle" ur truck via the trottle body linkage on the throttle body itself. Only use about half the can, then kill the trucks engine. Reattach the PCV valve to the PCV valve hose, place back ito valve cover. Reinstall the plastic engine shield, then pour the remaining contents into half a gas tank of super unleaded. By now enough time has passed to restart ur truck and test drive it. Again, depending on how much carbon ur engine has internally, the exhaust will produce white smoke and smell BAD!!! Just drive your truck for about 10 miles, and enjoy a normal routine truck life for another 20-30K. It use this remaining half tank of Seafoam treated super unleaded before "filling up" again. Hope this helps and isn't too long winded. =o)

:flag:

1 person can do it. Remove the plastic engine cover 1st, then remove the PCV valve hose AND valve itself from the hose. Then clean the end of the hose if needed with a shop towel to remove dirt, etc. Open your can of Seafoam and remove the pull tab seal, then start ur truck up and close the unlocked door. Now, reach under the hood and place the PCV hose (w/o valve) into the Seafoam can. Now, depending on hoe much carbon build up u have, ur truck might start ideling rough and try to die. This is were u use your other hand to "throttle" ur truck via the trottle body linkage on the throttle body itself. Only use about half the can, then kill the trucks engine. Reattach the PCV valve to the PCV valve hose, place back ito valve cover. Reinstall the plastic engine shield, then pour the remaining contents into half a gas tank of super unleaded. By now enough time has passed to restart ur truck and test drive it. Again, depending on how much carbon ur engine has internally, the exhaust will produce white smoke and smell BAD!!! Just drive your truck for about 10 miles, and enjoy a normal routine truck life for another 20-30K. It use this remaining half tank of Seafoam treated super unleaded before "filling up" again. Hope this helps and isn't too long winded. =o)

:flag:

I thought my truck had drive by wire???? No throttle cable.

2 person job for me.....

Edited by nxtnlne (see edit history)

HELP, i did the seafoam treatment, i put 1 and half cans in little over a quarter tank of premium, rest in PCV 3 days ago. Today I started my truck and got a check engine light. Little under an 1/8 tank left. I added half a tank of 92, havent driven much yet. Could it be the seafoam in the fuel?

Anyone close to San Angelo, TX have a code tool????????

Edited by SSAlaska (see edit history)