Sea Foam question

Ron's SS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP, i did the seafoam treatment, i put 1 and half cans in little over a quarter tank of premium, rest in PCV 3 days ago. Today I started my truck and got a check engine light. Little under an 1/8 tank left. I added half a tank of 92, havent driven much yet. Could it be the seafoam in the fuel?

Anyone close to San Angelo, TX have a code tool????????

its prob your PCV valve. The seafoam prob broke up so much gunk it has that backed up a little. Try disconnecting your battery a little then hook it back up and see if you get the code or not

Man u guys r starting to scare me on these check engine lights after using Seafoam. I even treated my roomates '93 Buick Custom this weekend, it had 79K original miles on the 3.8L. It smoked like a freight train too! lol!! It runs better, and no lights as of now on the dash. This car smoked 3 times worse than my '01 GMC Sierra did, my truck had 40K on her, but I kept her very maintained, unlike my roomates car. I guess good luck and keep us posted on what happens fellow trucker. :driving:

• 1 year later...