New mods on the way!!!

I got it fully installed and already had it for a test drive....I LOVE THAT THING!!!! Huge difference in firmness. If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say that the servo is worth at least a .10/sec. And just thinking about it, with the e-fans, I may be able to hit 15 flat or lower down here (optimistic) :D Maybe not, but I'll have it at the track again once the fans are installed. :cool: Thanx everyone. :thumbs:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you still have any problem with the link hitting the exhaust?

I finally got around to installing my anti-sway bar today and having noted your problem, tried to kept it shifted to the drivers side a bit. I yanked on the exhaust and it didn't come close to hitting, so maybe I got it right :D .

My arms are sure tired from putting those nuts on the U bolts. Do you think they could have made them any longer? :wtf: I was also dissapointed with the black brakets that go on with the U bolts. They started spreading long before I the recommended torque for the nuts, so I just stopped there and called it "tight enough".

Yes, actually, I do. I just haven't had the time to get back under there and adjust it over. :D Looks like you got it right to begin with, I'm jealous ;) Yeah, do you remember me telling you about those brackets, I never got it to full torque either :wtf: What do you think about the sway bar? Could still be tighter huh? Oh well, it works good enough for me :thumbs:

I got it fully installed and already had it for a test drive....I LOVE THAT THING!!!! Huge difference in firmness. If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say that the servo is worth at least a .10/sec. And just thinking about it, with the e-fans, I may be able to hit 15 flat or lower down here (optimistic) :D Maybe not, but I'll have it at the track again once the fans are installed. :cool: Thanx everyone. :thumbs:

Did you have to remove the heat shield to make more room under there?

the spring i was referring to is the small blue spring. corvette's use it from the factory, but the large red one will replace both after you grind 1/8 inch or so from the servo. the blue one is just a secondary spring that goes into that specific servo. personally i preferr the billet and that's what i recomend for most applications. i currently use the billet super servo along with a superior shift kit (quite a few other trans mods, but that's quite a list :D ). for the average guy, i'd say the servo is the easiest thing to improve shift firmness without installing a true shift kit and happens to work damn well when in conjuntion to a kit. a .500 boost valve is also a nice add on when doing a shift kit, just happens to be considerably more expensive on the E transmissions.

Zippy, talking about this boost valve? $30 is not too bad.

.500 boost valve

This would maybe take 5 minutes to put in.

Also, don't foget about the overdrive servo:

Overdrive servo

Was thinking about getting this for when my tranny comes out to do the other servo/stall. May add the boost valve.

yep, that's them. the overdrive servo works nice also. i've installed them and it certainly helps, going to put that in my truck the next time i get around to doing a fluid change. probably january or so. the boost valve goes in pretty easy, just gotta drop the pan and it's right in the front pump. hardest part is getting that damn snap ring out and back in without bending it too bad.

good to see you know what i mean. that is just a bastard getting that snap ring out with the pump still in. i usually use two small pic's to take it out. putting it back in isn't so bad, but the trick i have for getting everything lined up is stacking it all in order and using one of those telescopin magnets. using a strong enough one keeps everything in place and ligned up, from there it's just insert and clip. if i get around to it i should take some pictures of that and the servo so the others that haven't done it yet and see what's involved.

Installed the fans last night, glad thats over with.. They work great though, had to do a little trial and error for the A/C wire but got it figured out.

BTW, What do you all with the fans do to protect the threads on the water pump or do you just leave them exposed???

Archived