Sig Sauer

Holty

Guys, what does APC mean and is that the same as .45 (.45 APC)? Do you buy bullets that only say .45 or do I have to buy ones that say .45 APC only if I had this gun you guys are talking about. The 220 Sig seems like a popular piece :smash:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, what does APC mean and is that the same as .45 (.45 APC)?  Do you buy bullets that only say .45 or do I have to buy ones that say .45 APC only if I had this gun you guys are talking about.  The 220 Sig seems like a popular piece  :smash:

you can buy any ammo that is for .45 auto or .45 ACP (automatic colt pistol). basically, any .45 that is not GAP (glock action pistol).

Holty, What case do you have?  I still use the blue box the 220 originally came in  :happysad:

kevin, i don't remember the name of the case, its just a generic case i got at a local sporting goods store. i'll look at it tonight to see if it has the brand name on it somwhere.

Thanks boss. Just curious. Funny how I have a $900 piece and keep it in a $10 case. Anyway, that laser sight you have on there is pricy. In your opinion, was it worth it? I like the fact that it is hidden :cool: . The wow factor of the laser is awesome on a Saturday morning at the range. The place I go is mostly dads and their kids,...when a laser is pointed, all the shooting stops for like 5 rounds. :lol:

Holty, What case do you have?  I still use the blue box the 220 originally came in  :happysad:

kevin, i don't remember the name of the case, its just a generic case i got at a local sporting goods store. i'll look at it tonight to see if it has the brand name on it somwhere.

Thanks boss. Just curious. Funny how I have a $900 piece and keep it in a $10 case. Anyway, that laser sight you have on there is pricy. In your opinion, was it worth it? I like the fact that it is hidden :cool: . The wow factor of the laser is awesome on a Saturday morning at the range. The place I go is mostly dads and their kids,...when a laser is pointed, all the shooting stops for like 5 rounds. :lol:

I like the laser even though some people don't or think they are for "old farts". I don't use it at the range much, especially the ranges i go to that are outdoors because its obviously very hard to see and the indoor range i don't use it because i like to practice with normal sights. The main reason i got it was for the "holy crap i have a laser pointed at me" factor if someone would every break into my house. In a dark house at night, it almost garauntee's me a accurate shot at a bad guy.

I like the laser even though some people don't or think they are for "old farts". I don't use it at the range much, especially the ranges i go to that are outdoors because its obviously very hard to see and the indoor range i don't use it because i like to practice with normal sights. The main reason i got it was for the "holy crap i have a laser pointed at me" factor if someone would every break into my house. In a dark house at night, it almost garauntee's me a accurate shot at a bad guy.

IMHO if you consider the type of person you would have to point a firearm at, mostlikey its not the first time they have been in that position. So do you really think a laser is going to make that big of a differnce? Proper presentation of a weapon is more effective then a laser. Look at it this way; I dont care if pull out a grenade launcher if the threat in question doesnt belive you will use it, its useless. I have pulled a weapon in a civilan capacity, and never had to actually use it. I firmly belive that a strong presentation can influence the decision of a threat. As for at night in the house, save yourself some money buy a decent 12 or 20 guage load it with 4,5,6,7,or 8 shot and it them with that, now thats an almost guaranteed hit. In addition depending on the shot size your not likely to #1 miss target, #2 penetrate a wall injuring someone on the other side, #3 leave anyone to come back when they get out of prison and come after you.

Personally for me, mossberg 500 200$ first 5 rounds 4 shot, last 3 round 000 buck shot 12$, Tactical light 100$, the thaught that goes thru an intruders mind when they he the distintive sound of a shotgun being racked PRICELESS. :)

On the other hand if you want to put on a show at the range try mass, mass, head rapid shots, or dumping into the 10 ring at 10 yds rapid. Or if you really want to turn some heads go double fisted put every round on the target and that for sure will turn some heads. Oh and make sure you know your range master, those kind of stunts can get you thrown out quick.

IMHO if you consider the type of person you would have to point a firearm at, mostlikey its not the first time they have been in that position. So do you really think a laser is going to make that big of a differnce? Proper presentation of a weapon is more effective then a laser. Look at it this way; I dont care if pull out a grenade launcher if the threat in question doesnt belive you will use it, its useless. I have pulled a weapon in a civilan capacity, and never had to actually use it. I firmly belive that a strong presentation can influence the decision of a threat. As for at night in the house, save yourself some money buy a decent 12 or 20 guage load it with 4,5,6,7,or 8 shot and it them with that, now thats an almost guaranteed hit. In addition depending on the shot size your not likely to #1 miss target, #2 penetrate a wall injuring someone on the other side, #3 leave anyone to come back when they get out of prison and come after you.

Personally for me, mossberg 500 200$ first 5 rounds 4 shot, last 3 round 000 buck shot 12$, Tactical light 100$, the thaught that goes thru an intruders mind when they he the distintive sound of a shotgun being racked PRICELESS. :)

On the other hand if you want to put on a show at the range try mass, mass, head rapid shots, or dumping into the 10 ring at 10 yds rapid. Or if you really want to turn some heads go double fisted put every round on the target and that for sure will turn some heads. Oh and make sure you know your range master, those kind of stunts can get you thrown out quick.

i guess your entitled to your own opinion, thats fine. break into my house and see what happens. end of story.

I kind of agree that a shotgun is a good choice for home defense, but what would happen if you got caught in close quarters? At least close enough where you can't manuever that shotgun like you would like? There are just positves and negatives with everything I guess.

Personally, I'd love to get one, but I would definately need a safe to house one first. I like the idea of not penetrating the walls and hurting an innocent by standard. Just something to think about. :thumbs:

I kind of agree that a shotgun is a good choice for home defense, but what would happen if you got caught in close quarters?

Thats when you need a nice litte H&K MP5-K

mp5k.gif

Or a nice little Mossburg 14" (With pistol grips of course)

aow_crusier.jpg

If, if's and and's were pots and pans the world would be a kitchen. Most weapons experts/trainers will agree shotguns are the preferred method for home defense.

Holty dont get offended. I have no desire to break into anyones home. Especially yours, you have a laser. Look at the pretty light... hahahahaha :crackup:

I kind of agree that a shotgun is a good choice for home defense, but what would happen if you got caught in close quarters?

mp5k.gif

aow_crusier.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhh, I'll take a wild guess, those are probably not Califonia compliant. :banghead:

If, if's and and's were pots and pans the world would be a kitchen. Most weapons experts/trainers will agree shotguns are the preferred method for home defense. 

Holty dont get offended. I have no desire to break into anyones home. Especially yours, you have a laser. Look at the pretty light...  hahahahaha :crackup:

Who really cares what weapons experts/trainers have to say? They will not be there when the shit hits the fan. :dunno:

mp5k.gif

aow_crusier.jpg

Uhhhhhhhhh, I'll take a wild guess, those are probably not Califonia compliant. :banghead:

Holty dont get offended. I have no desire to break into anyones home. Especially yours, you have a laser. Look at the pretty light...  hahahahaha :crackup:

Who really cares what weapons experts/trainers have to say? They will not be there when the shit hits the fan. :dunno:

So I guess we should just stop putting the military thru training. Screw it right, their instructors wont be with them when the shit hits the fan? Same for law enforcement, just hand out guns, badges, and a statute book. Who cares what their training/trainers teach them. I would say most if not all of the instructors I have had; have seen "the shit hit the fan". Obviously every scenero is differnt, imo opinion go with what works for you. Personally if someone comes in my home I am bringing the most firepower to the fight possible, pistols are only a substitute to a shoulder fired weapon. If for no other reason the sound of a shotgun being racked is enough of a statement to a intruder, that hopefully will result in not a single shot being fired. Thats the best scenero. Actually no I am wrong the best scenero would be to never have to fear for your life/family, and never have to pick up a weapon in fear.