SS vs Hemi

dcairns

I promise a plethora of photos when I obliterate the fu*ker!

If you plan on doing this I hope it is either raining or the Harley is an 00 model.....i thought the same thing back when i first got mine....and got took at a red light

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it has four doors - it's blown. If it has an extended cab - not blown. You don't stand much of a chance to the blown Harleys. Not a huge diff stock vs stock, but enough to embarass you.

I think that's how you tell them apart, anyway.

I promise a plethora of photos when I obliterate the fu*ker!

If you plan on doing this I hope it is either raining or the Harley is an 00 model.....i thought the same thing back when i first got mine....and got took at a red light

I ran against a not so stock Harley truck when I first got my S.S. He drove right past me . The next day I put a nitrous kit on and vowed REVENGE :fume::fume::thumbs: Have your buddy down at the muffler shop get you some headers , Thats a good start .I have JBA's they bolted in perfect . Everybody here likes ASM headers , your in CA. I recommend JBA for you 50 state legal headers the way to go :thumbs: Dylan how far are you from Sac. I run my S.S. there sometimes and I cant get any of these other S.S. owners to meet me there ??I live in Manteca ...

Viper,

I'm a pretty good distance from Sacramento. I'm in Rancho Cucamonga (So. Cal) about 6 and a half hours south of Sacramento, about 35 minutes east of L.A. I travel to Sac. pretty regularly on business (fly) I haven't been crazy enough to drive it yet . . . :eek:

Are SS's common at all up there? Not at all down here, I see maybe 1 SS for every 500 lifted silverados I see. Even my brother drives a 2003 1500 crew cab HD (the only year they were made) with 38's under it. Lifted trucks are about as common as Camrys right now! :rolleyes:

about how much am I looking at for those headers? where is there more info?

Are SS's common at all up there? Not at all down here, I see maybe 1 SS for every 500 lifted silverados I see. Even my brother drives a 2003 1500 crew cab HD (the only year they were made) with 38's under it. Lifted trucks are about as common as Camrys right now! :rolleyes:

about how much am I looking at for those headers? where is there more info?

I am pretty sure there are 3 in my town one of each color . :thumbs: I do have an old neighber that bought one 6 days after me .Really though you dont see too many ! Its probably that insane price tag . Dodge sell what they call the California Hemi Express - Its 5 grand cheaper than an S.S. and has almost all the same options except all wheel drive .Then there's the Harley truck with 4 real doors thats also 5 grand cheaper . So needless to say you see more of those trucks on the road :wtf: I ordered my headers from a local muffler shop . Buy the ceramic coated headers . there around $600 give or take . Hey does anyone know where he can get them cheaper ? :confused: I know my old neighbor Hank ordered some from a place in San Diego (Free shipping) Good luck :thumbs:

If the headers are as good as you say then $600 is worth it. Thanx for all the help, I'm sure I'll need alot more. :cheers:

You guys sure know how to make a "newbie" feel welcome. :D

Just rolled over 350 miles today, another 150 or so and I can start to actually use the gas pedal! :thumbs:

Archived