2007 Escalade EXT

Oo p0op oO

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know.. its nice and all.. .but IMHO, buy a chevy avalanche

i hate that the caddy is an avalanche with a different front end , and interior, but costs so damned much more.

just my thoughts.. enjoy!

avalanche copied the caddy! :devil:

Do I see snow on the rooftops?  :eek:

yea pretty sure its like 10 degrees here. LIVE IT UP CALI. you suck! :mad:

I'm pretty sure the avalanche came out first. I bought one in late 01 right when they came out and I don't even remember the caddy even having the EXT option then.

6.2L with 400 ponies is not in the Avalanche 1500 series or Z71. Also EXT is AWD, Avalanche has 4x4 and 4x2 modes. I owned both in the previous generation and they are night and day difference in ride, performance, etc. My point is that you get more than a grille and some synthetic wood trim inside. Is all of the price markup jusitifed? No, but it really is almost worth it. The EXT is significantly faster than the Avalanche, however, the Avalanche is a more capable offroad vehicle in the Z71 trim. I would still buy the Avalanche because a pearl white EXT just wouldnt look right tooling down the two track to the treestands, getting all muddy and scratched up. It would be a bitch to clean too. But the EXT was a sweet ride to have in town over the Avalanche, hands down.

P.S. Avalanche came to market first. Caddy adopted the EXT the next model year. All Avalanche Z71's and Z66 (2WD) came with the 5.3L the first year. You had to upgrade to the heavier framed 2500 Avalanche 4x4 to get the 345hp 6.0L as an option. The 6.0L was standard in the EXT when first released and only had the 1500 frame and underpinnings making it as light as and faster than the Avalanche.

man that interior is the shizzle..lol.... the only thing i dont really like on the new models is the fact that i can see the muffler and the tip isnt really exiting anywhere... they just turn it to a side and be done with it.. i dont know maybe its just me... nice ride though :thumbs:

quote=Black2003SS,Jan 17 2007, 10:18 AM]

P.S. Avalanche came to market first. Caddy adopted the EXT the next model year. All Avalanche Z71's and Z66 (2WD) came with the 5.3L the first year. You had to upgrade to the heavier framed 2500 Avalanche 4x4 to get the 345hp 6.0L as an option. The 6.0L was standard in the EXT when first released and only had the 1500 frame and underpinnings making it as light as and faster than the Avalanche.

The avalanche never had the 6.0, it got the 8.1 496ci in 2500 form, I had both. :D

nice looking truck but i still think the SS from 03-07 still wins in the Looks department,,,,

when are you gonna swap engines with your SS??? and will your parents notice lol

the 6.2 sounds awesome my buddy and i looked at a 07 when we were in Florida in dec,but didn't haveone in Black so he finally settled on the only Black one we could find locally a 03 6.0 which will be folowing my SS over.

i got to drive it the other night for the first time......i wasnt that impressed on the power.....i mean dont get me wrong it SCOOTS for a huge ass truck.... but as for them beating our SS's i dont see how. my SS has alot more torque i think. anybody else able to compare?