My SS at the track

BigTex

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay, I thought this thread was dead.

I have my shift points in the 6300 range, but I'm going to back them down a bit. Will probably put my shifts in the 6100 range and see how it feels.

I have a custom grind camp cam on comps XE high lift lobes. It was used when I bought it and wouldn't have been my first choice, but the price was right. I'm happy with it, but may change it in the future for a grind thats better suited for nitrous if I ever install ported heads.

Thats good news Krambo, I cant wait to hear how it feels to you after the install. I have a feeling cam installs are going to be pretty popular. :)

Camshaft Specs: Valve Lift Duration [email protected]

in: .559" 267º 214º

ex: .566" 275º 222º

Centerline - 111º

Lobe Separation - 115º

I went with a package designed for a Firebird because of the price....free from my brother. Can't wait for the tuning.

Finally got the SS to the track.  Truck wasn't running that good, so I know its got some more in it.  It was the first time I opened up my cutouts, and my O2 readings, MAF, timing, and knock were all completly different than when testing before the cutouts.  I was time limited or I would have capped them back up and seen how it runs through the stock catback and muffler.  No matter, I was pleased with the time and I'm excited because I know I can easily beat it.  I think the cutouts killed my lowend which dropped my 60' times.  It would 60' 2.30 bone stock. 

Here is a vid (not that exciting):

13.82 @ 97.8 on a 2.017 60'

Mods: 2600 stall, cam, pulleys, fans, intake, headers, cutouts, LS1 edit

fargon bad azz video, i like alot, i want all of ur mods... i got the ss today, i am still breaking her in, but so far, so good! :thumbs:

by the way, u said u made the intake??? how, or if u bought it, where?

are the improvements for an intake good, what about ls6 intake manifolds?

using the LS1/LS6 intake would take alot of work since it's so much shorter and i believe it runs into a problem with the height of the pulleys and tb spotting. with an electric water pump and fan, it should be fairly easy to use one, but the truck manifold is pretty damn good in stock form.

using the LS1/LS6 intake would take alot of work since it's so much shorter and i believe it runs into a problem with the height of the pulleys and tb spotting. with an electric water pump and fan, it should be fairly easy to use one, but the truck manifold is pretty damn good in stock form.

k cool thanks for the info, that is why i asked... :thumbs:

ohh, how did u make ur intake big tex, is it alright? :confused:

Archived