SuperChips help...

SuperDave

Hi guys,

Well, I couldn't leave well enough alone today. I decided to play with my Max Micro Tuner and raise the shift points, pressures and other options. In the process of it all I got an error code 035 and prompted to call SuperChips! My truck won't start and I'm baffled.

Has anyone ran into this problem before? If so, what do I do to get it going? I've emailed tech support and tried to call, but they take the weekends off! I don't want to wait until Monday!!

Please help!

SuperDave :eek:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried to reinstall the factory program? What about the back of the manual for the superchips it gives you a list of codes does it have that particular code listed? I would try to reinstall the factory settings if will let you back in there to do it.I have a superchips installed in mine but i set all the shift points to max and left it alone. Let us know what you find.

I had just raised the shift points and pressures, measured tire diameter and set it to 31.25" the tuner was doing it's thing and I was sitting in the drivers seat. When I went to get out I accidentally bumped the seat adjuster (moving it back) a couple of seconds later the tuner made a beeping/buzzing sound and went into recovery mode. Then "recovery failed" came across the LCD with the alert sound and the message "Call SuperChips" appeared. I unhooked the negative side battery terminal waited for around twenty or thirty minutes hooked it back up and tried again. The tuner said "Last programming failed, error code 035, call SuperChips" Sounds scary to me! All I know is the truck won't start. I'm kinda freaking out. I have no idea what happened. SuperChips tech dept. is only open Mon~Fri 8am to 6pm est. I have e-mails in to AZ speed and marine where I bought it, and superchips in FL. Also called and left messages. I was counting on someone on the board with experience with these to know what to do.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

David

I just attempted to reinstall. I connected the tuner to the truck it displayed the message " Last programming failed. It told me to begin by leaving the ignition off. I chose reinstall stock programming. It made a high/low buzzing/beeping sound then displayed unable to recover programming. Recovery failed---Error 035....Call SuperChips"

Any clues? All of the functions in the truck work, lights, radio, wipers, etc... it just won't start.

David. :fume::devil:

I just attempted to reinstall. I connected the tuner to the truck it displayed the message " Last programming failed. It told me to begin by leaving the ignition off. I chose reinstall stock programming. It made a high/low buzzing/beeping sound then displayed unable to recover programming. Recovery failed---Error  035....Call SuperChips"

Any clues? All of the functions in the truck work, lights, radio, wipers, etc... it just won't start.

David. :fume:  :devil:

You may need to have your dealer reflash your PCM. :eek: Good Luck and keep us posted..

Not to rub it in but LS1 Edit isn't that much more $$$ and does so much more ;)

Thanks for the responses, it looks like I'm waiting till Monday for the call to SuperChips to see what they say. I kind of figured I'd be stuck with no SS over this deal! I hope its no major deal. I've never heard of a problem like this before, and had hoped that among us this would have happened to at least one other. But then again, I have the worst luck! Thanks again,

David. :sick:

Wow....sorry to hear that. I've never heard of having this serious of a problem with a handheld. I have the superchips for the Radix. It's a little different, it doesn't allow you to adjust anything. When I read the warning about not doing anything, I didn't even set it down. Opening the door can cause problems from what I hear.

Does the engine try to turn over but just won’t start? If so your fuel pump may have gone out…

No activity at all, the engine does nothing. You turn the key... nothing. I'm sure the computer has just lost its programming and there is probably a recovery method, or at least I hope so. I sure don't want to get it towed 25 miles to the dealership just to get the computer re-flashed! Maybe they will come over and do it here at home for me, HA! :puke:

Does the engine try to turn over but just won’t start? If so your fuel pump may have gone out…

No activity at all, the engine does nothing. You turn the key... nothing. I'm sure the computer has just lost its programming and there is probably a recovery method, or at least I hope so. I sure don't want to get it towed 25 miles to the dealership just to get the computer re-flashed! Maybe they will come over and do it here at home for me, HA! :puke:

If your dealer will cooperate with you just swap PCM's. Pull yours and bring it down to the Service Department and have them pull any 03 Silverado in and put your computer in it. Program it and swap it back out. Might take a bit of salesmanship to pull it off but it would save you the tow. Or if you have a buddy with a 03...

Tell the Tech to hit the NO button when it asks if the VIN is correct after he reads the Flash from your PCM. Then he can do a reflash it for you.

My tuner is VIN locked to the pcm of my truck, so says the superchips manual, if I have it reflashed at the dealer will I still be able to use my SC tuner , will it recognize it? Or will I have to send it back to SC to be reset? Also, if I do get the truck going again, will it be safe to try to use the tuner again? I will be leary about doing so!

Archived