Radix Guys

MN C5

Yup, I have LS1Edit, but I am still learning how to use it. Some things seem pretty obvious, but there seem to lots of other things to check when making changes. Besides, I loaned my bench cable to Silverado60. He finally got his supercharger in and wanted to tune it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lent him the cable Saturday night, have not heard how things were going. Sounds like he has a lot of work to do, his supercharger does not come with a basic tune. You have to DIY :crazy:

If it's the same guy we're talking about, I just tuned his file for him, I told him not to program it without the bench cable, I'm sure he appreciates you lending it to him.

We're shooting emails back and forth and he's having a bit of a problem.

He has a SES code of P0200, which means, Injector Control Circuit Voltage.

I'm thinking he has a shorted or open injector(s). I've seen this before.

Also, I set up his file for 42lb injectors, he now notices a number on the injector it says RC380, he thinks they might be 38lbs now.

Still, the truck should run better than what it does.

I'm sure he'll chime in and update you guys,

allen

I don't have a supercharger on my truck, but I have learned the hard way about gear whine in the past. When I was doing a cam install in a TPI IROC-Z I thought it would be cool to put gear drive in it instead of a double roller timing chain, so people would think that I had a supercharger. When I did this the Knock Sensor picked up on the whine and would remove timing. I could not figure out what the problem was to save my soul, until I spoke to TPI Specialties. This may be the problem you supercharged guys are experiencing. I dunno, just a thought.

Byron

Yeah I finally got the thing running. . . after problem after problem, then the problems keep coming.

First I borrowed Dcairns speartech harness, then i got home as quick as I could, driving my moms 02 camaro SS M6 :D , anyways, right when my laptop started uploading my new file that I got from Farmtruc. The damn computer locked up on me and screwed up my PCM. So I had to wait till today to get to the dealer and have my PCM reflashed. They charged $76... bastards. Oh well, I didnt care, I just wanted to drive my car. So I get home and program it, put it in the truck, and start playing. I popped off like 6 different hoses because they werent tight enough. After I got everything tightened down, I took a nice trip around the block. :D I Was very happy, it feels pretty quick. But the next time i fired it up, I threw that damn P0200 code, and now I dont know whats up with the injectors that came with the kit i bought. Oh well. I need to figure it out. As far as the injector size, IM almost positive that they are indeed 42lb ones so thats ok now. I just need to figure out what these injectors are doing.

So thats where Im at right now. . .

This supercharger is soooo damn loud. I love it, especially with the TurboXS blow off valve. You can hear me from a good distance away and its really obvious that this isnt your usual truck :D

Yeah I finally got the thing running. . . after problem after problem, then the problems keep coming.

First I borrowed Dcairns speartech harness, then i got home as quick as I could, driving my moms 02 camaro SS M6 :D , anyways, right when my laptop started uploading my new file that I got from Farmtruc. The damn computer locked up on me and screwed up my PCM. So I had to wait till today to get to the dealer and have my PCM reflashed. They charged $76... bastards. Oh well, I didnt care, I just wanted to drive my car. So I get home and program it, put it in the truck, and start playing. I popped off like 6 different hoses because they werent tight enough. After I got everything tightened down, I took a nice trip around the block. :D I Was very happy, it feels pretty quick. But the next time i fired it up, I threw that damn P0200 code, and now I dont know whats up with the injectors that came with the kit i bought. Oh well. I need to figure it out. As far as the injector size, IM almost positive that they are indeed 42lb ones so thats ok now. I just need to figure out what these injectors are doing.

This supercharger is soooo damn loud. I love it, especially with the TurboXS blow off valve. You can hear me from a good distance away and its really obvious that this isnt your usual truck :D

Did you go with the D1SC? Or are you using another Radix kit? Were these injectors ones that came with the kit? Or is this where the kit does some screwy things to the return line so the PCM thinks it has 42Lb injectors.

Wow, this Supercharged thing is out of control. Glad my wife talked me into doing the boat first, so you guys can figure this thing out.

Farmtruc, when are you going to tune my truck? You were going to call me when you got your cable back!

Did the file from FarmTruc take into account the new injectors?

Farmtruc, when are you going to tune my truck? You were going to call me when you got your cable back!

Hey, I'm ready, just got my cable in, throwing that other one away, lol,

hey brent, doing two radix this week, i'll let you know how it turns out, i'm expecting great gains,

ya, the file was setup for 42lb injectors, seems like the pcm/file is working out great now, just got an email from SS.

so what's the latest word on the procharger, how's it running.

allen

Farmtruc, when are you going to tune my truck?  You were going to call me when you got your cable back!

Hey, I'm ready, just got my cable in, throwing that other one away, lol,

hey brent, doing two radix this week, i'll let you know how it turns out, i'm expecting great gains,

ya, the file was setup for 42lb injectors, seems like the pcm/file is working out great now, just got an email from SS.

so what's the latest word on the procharger, how's it running.

allen

not to take over this thread with personal stuff, but no supercharger on this truck yet. Talked about it. Got to saving penneys and then watching all the other guys with little luck tuning it.

I'm waiting to see if you can get that tuning thing done and give us some really good times. Otherwise, I may take those penneys and work on a cam and LT headers and a N2O kit.

Course last time I did N20 was college and we spent most of the Nitrous laughing not racing.

I'm tuning the '03 Silverado reg cab with Radix tomorrow, i'll have some good results for you , the SS has to wait, he's going up to dallas again, doh. maybe saturday, he's busy, so it's hard to get something going.

i think the '03 runs a 13.7 now, we'll see how much it improves after the tune.

allen

I'm tuning the '03 Silverado reg cab with Radix tomorrow, i'll have some good results for you , the SS has to wait, he's going up to dallas again, doh. maybe saturday, he's busy, so it's hard to get something going.

i think the '03 runs a 13.7 now, we'll see how much it improves after the tune.

allen

sorry to be antsy.

I am now considering doing a CAM install and then the tuning with it... Thoughts? And which one would you pick? I want street drivability, but more ponies.

BTW, what kind of time do you think I am running? Pretty poor?

I take it I will need some LT headers with the picture as well. Man, I gotta make some more money.

If your looking for bang for the buck. Go with the Nitrous :thumbs: N02 is the Best thing going IMHO. The Radix, still has a long way to go. And the guys that have them are having to Spend Additional $$$'s on Scan and Tuning software. Plus the fastest SS mine aside are running NO2 :smash:

Archived