Worst phone call I ever had!

Ron's SS

To make a long story short, last Saturday I was sitting at home, waiting for my Fiance to get home at 6PM. On her way she called and as I was talking to her, I suddenly heard silence. Well she immediately called me back and said "I think I was just in a really bad accident." What worried me most is she had that confusion, a sign of bad things. :shakehead:

Well this time the SS could not go fast enough. I had tunnel vision, I even beat the police there and I was far away. Regardless she is ok, the car is totalled, the girl was in the right lane of a 3 lane, one way and suddenly she decided to make an illegal left, crossing two lanes to do so, and that is where things went bad. She was sited and admitted guilt.

So when the cop arrived he wouldn't jimmy the door, my girls purse and other possesions were in the car and it was running, locked. I told him to open it or I was, so I ended up punching through the passenger window. So now this girls insurance is starting to screw with us. Saying they will only give a rental for a week and the medical bills are starting, etc. Plus the car is a lease and I have to square that BS away also. I am going to be forced into getting my attorney involved. This sucks, but she is OK and that's all that matters to me!

Ron

Glad she is ok ....

You don't have to get your attorney involved just yet. Contact your Insurance company. Even though it's a Lease, you pay some Big Money every year to the Insurance Co. Let them fight it out. It's not your fault, and the since the other party was cited, your good all day long. Your Insurance company should give you a rental for as long as it takes. Then they will go after the other parties insurance company for payment.

Actually in an at fault claim in Ohio, You contact your insurance company and file the cliam. Your insurance company obtains the police report and determines who was at fault (obivously the other driver in this case) by the police report. Then, when they see you were not at fault, they contact the insurance company of the other driver (if they have any) and arrange to get your vehicle fixed or paid for as totaled. Also, they work to get your medical bills paid. If you have a decent insurance comapny, they will handle it for you. It does take some time to get the ball rolling and the money disbursed, but you should be out nothing. When I got hit in the SSS, my company Progressive contacted the others insured (it was their fault as well), nationwide, and nationwide paid for everything. They arranged for a rental (mazda3 :puke: ) and I dropped of my truck at their repair facility (I got to pick from a small list of approved shops that I went and visited first). I didnt pay a dime for anything, just the emotional part of my truck not really ever being the same.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the response. I have taken the time to document everything and have alot of paperwork. I spoke with the Leasee and we had gap insurance, so no matter what this woman's company offers, I don't owe a dime.

The attorney I called this morning is a friend/ family attorney. He is just good council on the personal injury side of things, she is hurting pretty bad.

As for the rental, 2007 Mazda 5. Funny little car, like a tiny mini-van with a 4 cyl, 150 some hp and a triptonic trans. I nailed it yesterday, it slams about 7,600 RPMs and will smack the rev limiter till you shift it. Ha ha, I am not very nice to rentals.