Installed Belltech Leafpacks

well i just installed the belltech 3" drop leaf packs. the installation is a PITA, the stock U bolts barely reach. all the kit included was bump stops, the mushy ones. anyways, the SS is dropped 1" from a reg ex cab. this is done via stock leafs, therefore making the belltech leafs only drop 2". but my truck mustve dropped 3 1/2, and im on stock shackles and hangers. there is maybe a finger between the wheel and bed, MAYBE. everything was installed correctly, called belltech to confim. of course they were clueless, what a surprise. rides horrible and has hardly two inches to travel. any ideas?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its on the bumps right now. im sure the shocks are bottoming out, but there is only 2 inches of possible travel anyways. my two cents, get a hanger to get that extra inch, thats what im doing if the shocks dont fix this

What I did was take the bump stop and the brackets that bolt to the frame. When I reinstalled the bump stop I cut them down and I installed them directly to the frame... At 1st I didnt trim them or nothing and man was it rough, After rode 100 times better... try that It might help and Also Used the belltech shocks...

:withstupid: Do you have the big bracket still attached? a 20 minute job to fix it if so. When I had my 2 inch drop it was practically riding on the bumpstops all the time. I removed the bracket in the rear, and then I cut one nub (1 inch) and installed it to the frame.

But Im wondering from reading your post that you already did that and put in the little red belltech ones correct? I hope you get the problem solved because having to take something out after so much work is a PITA.

What I did was take the bump stop and the brackets that bolt to the frame. When I reinstalled the bump stop I cut them down and I installed them directly to the frame... At 1st I didnt trim them or nothing and man was it rough, After rode 100 times better... try that It might help and Also Used the belltech shocks...

:withstupid: Take those fukcin bumpstops out!

You need to remove those bumpstop brackets and mount the stops directly to the frame. Or leave them out completely, like I did. If not, you will constantly be hitting and the truck will ride HARD. Also, installing drop shocks is a good idea, since the stockers are very comressed now.

Your U bolts will reach if you remove those 3 extra spacers that you see in the leaf pack. They don't need to be there if you want the ride height set all the way down, they are only there to add between the axle and leaf pack to adjust the ride height up in 1/4" increments (you can remove the alignment pin and shuffle them around as needed).

I have one spacer on the passenger side and none on the driver side to make the truck level, and the rear ride height is 33" at the fender opening centered with the wheel (3 fingers), and 32.5" in the front.

post-4756-1169365081_thumb.jpg post-4756-1169365208_thumb.jpg

well ive had the brackets removed since june when i installed the shackles. the stock bumps were on the frame, with only one nub left. i might install those and see how we ride. i see you have a 4" drop leaf..... my truck is about an inch lower than yours, and i have both spacers in there still :confused::confused:

btw i am so jealous of ur HREs :cry: i had some on the Z06 but sold them, and i miss them

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

well ive had the brackets removed since june when i installed the shackles. the stock bumps were on the frame, with only one nub left. i might install those and see how we ride. i see you have a 4" drop leaf..... my truck is about an inch lower than yours, and i have both spacers in there still :confused::confused:

So let me get this right You were lowered 1st with just shackles and the you decided to lower with the leaf springs? Did you reinstall the the stock shackles? I see that you said that both spacer were installed. Just make sure the spacer that were installed on the bottom instead on the top... I dont remember what they come from the factory... I went to the lowest setting and still have room inbetween the rear tire and fender...Other wise I dont know what else to say. I did the spindles and keys up front and leafs in the rear...

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)

yea of course i took the shackles out. i said in the first post i had stock hangers and shackles...... and yes, they are installed in the correct direction :thumbs: im ASE, i did everything right :P only thing i can think of, is that i got the wrong p/n leafs. im gunna go see if i can find the p/n on them and look it up. btw jac im definatly more than an inch lower than you in the rear. my corsa hits parking blocks :banghead:

yea of course i took the shackles out. i said in the first post i had stock hangers and shackles...... and yes, they are installed in the correct direction :thumbs: im ASE, i did everything right :P only thing i can think of, is that i got the wrong p/n leafs. im gunna go see if i can find the p/n on them and look it up. btw jac im definatly more than an inch lower than you in the rear. my corsa hits parking blocks :banghead:

Weird, Dont really know what to say. Might of got different parts...

well tonight i noticed that the spacers were on the wrong side of the leafs (way to go belltech). so i switched them arround, truck went up about 3/4 an inch. put the button bumpstops in from belltech(like 1/4 inch tall), and the truck wont bottom out. still rides really harsh. how stiff are these supposed to be???

well tonight i noticed that the spacers were on the wrong side of the leafs (way to go belltech). so i switched them arround, truck went up about 3/4 an inch. put the button bumpstops in from belltech(like 1/4 inch tall), and the truck wont bottom out. still rides really harsh. how stiff are these supposed to be???

There rough. Mines bad but the roads are real bad up here... On smooth roads they right alright...