Installed Belltech Leafpacks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well now i have an agressive bouncing when spinning the tires. the whole axle jumps up and down really badly. my one guess is an offround tire, but they all roadforced under 25lbs...... any ideas?

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

well it was my worst fear, a bent axle shaft. funny thing is, i never hit anything and no one else drives my truck. i find it hard to believe torque would kill it....

That my friend is called wheel hop. Usually due to to much positive of a pinion angle. If you never hit anything, then you don't have a bent axle.

The more neg pinion you have (keeping within the correct pinion angle) the more bite you will have without the effects of wheel hop.

Can you explain a bit more on exactly what you are feeling? Is it more of a shudder under acceleration, or is it more like the tire grabbing and letting go causing shake?

Try placing a 1* shim in that places the pinion angle down a bit more. That will tell you if that is your problem or not.

Hope you get it figured out soon. I placed my truck into another shop. I'm hoping they will figure out what the problem is with mine. I can't get it over 40 mph without it feeling like it's about to fall apart and shake you to death. I don't know what's going on now.

Jim

Edited by CHEVY6000VHO (see edit history)

well it was my worst fear, a bent axle shaft. funny thing is, i never hit anything and no one else drives my truck. i find it hard to believe torque would kill it....

That my friend is called wheel hop. Usually due to to much positive of a pinion angle. If you never hit anything, then you don't have a bent axle.

The more neg pinion you have (keeping within the correct pinion angle) the more bite you will have without the effects of wheel hop.

Can you explain a bit more on exactly what you are feeling? Is it more of a shudder under acceleration, or is it more like the tire grabbing and letting go causing shake?

Try placing a 1* shim in that places the pinion angle down a bit more. That will tell you if that is your problem or not.

Hope you get it figured out soon. I placed my truck into another shop. I'm hoping they will figure out what the problem is with mine. I can't get it over 40 mph without it feeling like it's about to fall apart and shake you to death. I don't know what's going on now.

Jim

o i know ALL about wheel hop lol. my cobalt does nothing but hop. its more like a throw me outa my seat axle jumping up and down. plus my fellow tech noticed on the dyno tonight that the wheel is all shakey and crooked. so i switched wheels, same thing. its definatly a bent axle shaft. as i much as i wish it wasnt....