what oil do you use?

kissfans03ss

Guys i was just curious seeing how i am going to start changing my oil from now on what type of oil are you running in your trucks?mobil one,royal purple?,and what weight of oil 5-30 10-30?

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

Well GM Recommends 5W-30 so thats what I'm gonna start putting in. I'm coming up on my oil change and I'm gonna start running Royal Purple 5w-30 and I have every intention of putting Royal Purples Tranny Fluid and Gear Lube in my Trany and Front and Rear end and maybe some purple ice for the radiator but I want the best protection possible for a daily driver and I woud say royal purple is it, but I ran mobil 1 in my s10 every oil change and it ran like a top and didnt cause any problems so both oils are good its just a matter of what you want

mobile 1 all around :D

Mobile 1 5w-30 (engine)

Mobile 1 75w-90 (front and rear dif.)

I need to service my tranny next time I change my oil, and I will probably use Mobile 1. We get it really cheap at work (we buy in bulk) so I dont mind running the quality fluids.

isnt all oil the same? :confused: Just get a good filter and some synthetic.

I've seen differences with changing from Castrol Syntec to Mobile 1. I used to run Castrol in everything, then I tried Mobile 1 in my truck for the first time last year, and I noticed the engine made alot less noise with Mobile 1. I'm sold on it, and probably wont use anything besides that, except maybe Amsoil, which has proven itself to me as well (in ATV's, motorcycles, jet-ski's, and snowmobiles. I've been running Amsoil in my dirtbike since I bought it 2 years ago and have yet to foul a plug. (Pretty outstanding IMO)

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

Castrol Syntec 10w-30 and either the HP-2006 K&N filter or the PF61 (If I remember correctly) AC Delco filter. I never let the oil go over 3000 miles if I can help it. I figure with the supercharger and my lead foot the engine needs all the help it can get.

Dave

use to run mobile 1 fully syn 5w 30 but recently just switched and decided to try that Q stuff at 10w 30. Started reading a lot of bad things recently about mobile 1 products so figured I would see how the Q fully syn stuff holds up. Plus its cheaper