Anyone with a 4L70-E put in a Vette servo?

Vortec MAX

Has anyone with a 4L70-E put in a Vette servo? I think these trannies are only in the V-Max trucks, the Trailblazer SS and possibly the '07 Silverado SS trucks. This is why I posted this in the V-Max specific forum.

I would like some feedback on:

What changed as far as shift feel and firmness?

How difficult was it?

What parts did you need? (part numbers if you have them).

Does the 4L70-E even need this upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

The TBSS guys have been having a hard time with the 70-E, and they are changeing the servos, adding a Deep Tranny Pan, big tranny cooler, and takeing the added line pressure out that most tuners add. The servos do lot better than adding line pressure.

Here is where most guys are purchaseing them:

The servos at www.transmissionpartsusa.com

77767K 4th Gear Super Hold $53.48

77911-03K 2nd Gear Super Hold $86.88

The Extra Deep Cast Pan www.summitracing.com

HUP-HP3780E Hughes Perfromance $151.95

Quoted by a TBSS.com member who has a Magnacharged, Heads and Camed TBSS

"Final Dyno runs were over 500hp/540# when mine came apart. The 2/4 band just couldn't handle the added torque. The billet servos add over 100# more capacity to that band which is the first to go"

HTH

Guys,

The TBSS guys have been having a hard time with the 70-E, and they are changeing the servos, adding a Deep Tranny Pan, big tranny cooler, and takeing the added line pressure out that most tuners add. The servos do lot better than adding line pressure.

Here is where most guys are purchaseing them:

The servos at www.transmissionpartsusa.com

77767K 4th Gear Super Hold $53.48

77911-03K 2nd Gear Super Hold $86.88

The Extra Deep Cast Pan www.summitracing.com

HUP-HP3780E Hughes Perfromance $151.95

Quoted by a TBSS.com member who has a Magnacharged, Heads and Camed TBSS

"Final Dyno runs were over 500hp/540# when mine came apart. The 2/4 band just couldn't handle the added torque. The billet servos add over 100# more capacity to that band which is the first to go"

HTH

Thanks for the reply TBSS06!! :thumbs:

"Final Dyno runs were over 500hp/540# when mine came apart. The 2/4 band just couldn't handle the added torque."

That sucks. You guys managed to break one. I thought they were pretty tough. With my dream list of mods, I estimate I will have 450 HP at the rear wheels. I wonder if that will break it???

"The billet servos add over 100# more capacity to that band which is the first to go"

Does he mean 100 ft-lb?

Thanks for the replies.

Mike

"Final Dyno runs were over 500hp/540# when mine came apart. The 2/4 band just couldn't handle the added torque."

That sucks. You guys managed to break one. I thought they were pretty tough. With my dream list of mods, I estimate I will have 450 HP at the rear wheels. I wonder if that will break it???

"The billet servos add over 100# more capacity to that band which is the first to go"

Does he mean 100 ft-lb?

Thanks for the replies.

Mike

The guys are saying that anything over 400RWHP or so you should do the Servo's, cooler, and Deep Tranny Pan to last awhile. And if they are AWD they should do it at 375 RWHP or so. So being that you weigh more than a TBSS, I would tread lightly witht that much power. There are a few companys that are R&Ding built 70E's, FLT and Vector Motorsports.

I am assuming that is what he means by FT LBS.

Edited by TBSS_06 (see edit history)

I've sold a couple kits to guys with the 70E. They respond very well to a shift kit including the valve body and servo's. The servo alone will improve shifting if you program the trans for it and reduce the TM. I would recomend a shift kit to go with it such as CraigW has in his TBSS.

• 1 month later...
I've sold a couple kits to guys with the 70E. They respond very well to a shift kit including the valve body and servo's. The servo alone will improve shifting if you program the trans for it and reduce the TM. I would recomend a shift kit to go with it such as CraigW has in his TBSS.

How much???

I'm very interested........