What is the difference in shift kits from Transgo?

You guys kick ass...I came in here today looking for this very information. What do I find but all the information in one thread right on top where I need it.

Thanks for the clarification on the shift kits Mr. P. :jester:

**edit** I just read the pinned "all you need to know" thread and my other question was answered there as well. Thanks again. :D

Edited by Lefty (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got this in the mail today...I'm guessing its good prices...

Thanks for the request. 4L60E-HD2-C $87.35 separator plate $16.51 2nd accumulator piston $7.85 Vette 2nd apply servo $15.75 billet 4th servo $49.41 prices do not include tax or freight.

will this setup work for me to? i mean i know it will work fine but i mean my truck is my DD and i need to know if that setup would be too much for a DD? Mr. P please chime in and help

Mr. P,Do you know if TransGo fixed the problem with the ISS issues in the 4L70E? I looking for a hift kit for my 2007 VMax 6.0L, but everyone is telling me that the 4L70E's come with the ISS, some kind of speed sensor. Need help!!!!

I am not exactly sure, but I am almost positive that the 4L70E's have changes in the valve body circutry and for that reason the HD-2C will not work in this transmission, my suggestion would be to check the Superior catalog or contact zippy for a 4L70E zippy kit (this is what I would do if it were my truck).

will this setup work for me to? i mean i know it will work fine but i mean my truck is my DD and i need to know if that setup would be too much for a DD? Mr. P please chime in and help

A properly chosen & installed shift kit/servos is even more important for a DD, and no properly installed shift kit is too much for your truck. Here's another thought for you to consider, and one that I am thinking I will do for myself when I get my own truck back on the road (if ever :ughdance:):

1) install the shift kit & servos - get billet servos if you can afford them, a billet 2nd not only affects behavior of the 1-2 shift but also the 2-3 shift and when passing another vehicle this is very important;

2) dial the force motor adjustment screw up/down (a little goes a LONG way, no more than 1/8th turn either way) until the 1-2 shift is Just Right;

3) zero-out the entire shift timings table to disable the PCM's adaptive shifting in all gears;

4) reduce but don't entirely zero-out torque management - leave in just enough torque management on the 1-2 shift to take the edge off the shift in everyday traffic;

5) change/optimize shift points;

6) when you've got your transmission calibration spot-on then copy it to the T/H button, and then zero-out all torque management when the PCM is in T/H mode.

This way when driving 'normally' there is just enough Tq Mgmt employed by the PCM to promote clutch reliability but not so much that you notice, and when you engage the T/H button you get full timing on a case-by-case basis.

Mr. P.

You guys keep asking me all these questions I'm going to have to go to transmission engineering school to answer them all!

Mr. P.

You guys keep asking me all these questions I'm going to have to go to transmission engineering school to answer them all!

Hey u gotta do watcha gotta do... :D

Thnx alot by the way i will definately take that in mind fer sure

-Rob