Steering Shaft

chevygal

What's the deal with the steering shaft and recall? I never got any recall notice. Do they have a new part for this yet? I had it greased back in August and it's starting again.

I just check the recall list on your truck, no listing at this time

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-reca...o/ss/index.html

I just checked with my local dealer. A service bulletin has been released to replace the shaft with a new design. Here's the bad news : If your truck is out of warranty you will not be getting the steering shaft. my truck just hit 40000 miles so I am out of luck. GM is also losing a loyal customer. Hello Toyota

No recall just a bulletin on the intermediate shaft. I saw one today, it does not have the exposed splines like the old one did. The new one was very "tight" but when pulled apart completely there were no splines visable. Hard to explain, but if you have seen the old style you would know what I mean. May try to get mine installed next week before we run out of stock, got a feeling there may a long wait if these go on backorder.

I just checked with my local dealer. A service bulletin has been released to replace the shaft with a new design. Here's the bad news : If your truck is out of warranty you will not be getting the steering shaft. my truck just hit 40000 miles so I am out of luck. GM is also losing a loyal customer. Hello Toyota

If you have complained about this issue to the dealer in the past and got it repaired (lubed).....the dealer should be able to do a goodwill replacement for you under warranty. Explain to them the problem was not fixed properly under warranty when the issue arised. As long as there was a complaint made on the problem under warranty, fixing it again shouldn't be a problem. Just have to be nice and speak with the service manager.

Hello Toyota

Hello most recalls and service issues in 2006...best wishes and have fun...

Yeah but they did fix them. GM built it the same way for eight years knowing about the problem. Don't get me wrong I have Owned 10 new GM vehicles and I think they build the best Truck in the market but I can say from experience their customer sevice is not up to par with their vehicles. All manufactures have problems it is how they handle it that makes satisfied customers. I currently own a 2004 Z71 and my Wife has a 2007 Saturn VUE Redline. Didn't want to ruffle any feathers just trying to make a point. My opinion is if they will try to become #1 in customer service they will have it all. As for customer service I restate If buying a new truck today Hello Toyota. I would rather see my Truck fixed and drive it until people say "So thats what a Classic Chevy Truck looks like" :banghead:

Edited by SilveradoJim (see edit history)

Just got mine replaced yesterday, and I'm at 60K miles. No charge. It's nice and quiet now. :)

If you think Toyota is without problems then you're in for a rude awakening.

Just got mine replaced yesterday, and I'm at 60K miles. No charge. It's nice and quiet now. :)

How did you get your done for free at 60K miles? What did you say to them.....give us the low down :smash:

Just read you work in a dealership.....I guess that helps in getting replacements for free :thumbs: