Heated Mirror Question

Ron's SS

Hey everyone,

Noticed on the drive in today that the passenger side heated mirror is no longer getting hot. The signals work, I haven't checked if the fold-away feature is working, but the heat definitely is not. Could there be a dedicated fuse for the passenger heater. I was browsing through the manual realizing there are a million fuses in this truck so I thought I would start here. Has anyone has had this problem, could it be a fuse, or did my mirror crap out on me? Any advise is appreciated.

Ron

Mine did the same thing. Just the heating element was not working. Had to get a whole new glass piece.

Well last summer the glass suddenly had a crack down the center, which I have not yet replaced. Now that the heater quit, maybe time to resolve the issue. Could you tell me where you bought the glass from, directly from GM? or did you get an aftermarket piece of glass. Thanks

I wish mine had heated mirrors ... :dunno:

do you have the power folding mirrors with the integrated turn signals? cuz if you do then they're heated

So ... if they power fold, and have the LED arrows in them, they also have heaters?

Well ... that's cool. I learned something today ... :thumbs:

do you have the power folding mirrors with the integrated turn signals? cuz if you do then they're heated

So ... if they power fold, and have the LED arrows in them, they also have heaters?

They come on when you turn on your Rear Defroster ....

COOOLLLL ... :cool:

Not turning on the rear defroster that much here in NC, though ... :jester:

That might be why I didn't know they had heaters ...

Are there any indicators on the mirrors or inside the truck that the heaters are on? (LED's, lights, etc.)

Are there any indicators on the mirrors or inside the truck that the heaters are on? (LED's, lights, etc.)

You been a member a year and you dont know your truck has headet mirrors :yellow_loser: JK

the rear window difroster button, the square light. It cycles on and off after a set time I think, so they just dont cook.

You been a member a year and you dont know your truck has headet mirrors :yellow_loser: JK

the rear window difroster button, the square light. It cycles on and off after a set time I think, so they just dont cook.

What's worse is that I've HAD the truck a year & didn't know about the mirrors! :yellow_loser:

Take a look at the bottom of my HVAC cluster ...

HPIM0439cr.jpg

I'm not seeing this square light you mention. I see a round ones ... :dunno:

My heated passenger mirror stopped working months ago, just never got around to calling the dealer to get it done. Since my state inspection is due by the end of this month, I'll just get it fixed then.

Oh, only my drivers and inside mirror dim, the passenger side mirror has never and never did since the day I drove it out off the show room floor. So, is it only these two noted mirrors that dim, or do all of them dim? Only the drivers side and inside one on my Blazer dim, so I just thought it was the same on the SS.