Heated Mirror Question

Ron's SS

My heated passenger mirror stopped working months ago, just never got around to calling the dealer to get it done. Since my state inspection is due by the end of this month, I'll just get it fixed then.

Oh, only my drivers and inside mirror dim, the passenger side mirror has never and never did since the day I drove it out off the show room floor. So, is it only these two noted mirrors that dim, or do all of them dim? Only the drivers side and inside one on my Blazer dim, so I just thought it was the same on the SS.

Now that you mention it ... I think you're right ... I think it's only the driver's and rear mirrors that dim ...

Sorry about that ... guess I wasn't entirely awake when I posted that ... :banghead:

• 3 years later...

I went to 3 glass shops and 2 dealerships (my glass is cracked yet it still completely functions: directional light, folds in, power heat). They all told me the whole entire mirror has to be replaced. I quote them "with that mirror, once the glass breaks and it oozes the gel inside the glass outward, you have to change the whole mirror."

However, someone I know who owned a Chevy dealership for around 50 years, said he can just swap the glass. Have not done it yet, I am not on the road, but Im hoping its just the glass swap, mirror is around 7-8 bills, dont know labor costs.

I went to 3 glass shops and 2 dealerships (my glass is cracked yet it still completely functions: directional light, folds in, power heat). They all told me the whole entire mirror has to be replaced. I quote them "with that mirror, once the glass breaks and it oozes the gel inside the glass outward, you have to change the whole mirror."

However, someone I know who owned a Chevy dealership for around 50 years, said he can just swap the glass. Have not done it yet, I am not on the road, but Im hoping its just the glass swap, mirror is around 7-8 bills, dont know labor costs.

careful with that goop, as it is great at eating away at plastic and paint.