Things to fix while still under warranty

Silver LT

Here is my list so far, before I hit 36,000 miles:

1. Replace the steering shaft

2. Repair the low speed clunk when turning - cross member bolts

3. Place the steering wheel buttons - paint worn off

4. New gas cap - tether too short

Anybody have any other ideas?

Performance Mods - TOG Headers, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow 15838 Cat Back Exhaust, PCMforless tuning

Suspension Mods - Hotchkis Swaybars (what at difference!)

one question any of the about you think will void your warranty, my dealer will tell me to hit the road. he is a hard ass.

Performance Mods - TOG Headers, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow 15838 Cat Back Exhaust, PCMforless tuning

Suspension Mods - Hotchkis Swaybars (what at difference!)

one question any of the about you think will void your warranty, my dealer will tell me to hit the road. he is a hard ass.

find another dealer. mine doesnt give a poop as long as there is no cause and effect.

instrament cluster!!!!!!! pricey fix and it will go bad. also wiper motor will go bad too. and check your heater controler for burnt out lights. I just took mine apart and have 5 bulbs burnt. 180 bucks for a new one. or 95 to fix this one....

those are some of my ideas

2. Repair the low speed clunk when turning - cross member bolts

Have'nt heard about this one before, details?

Snap/Popping Type Noise Coming from Front of Vehicle (Remove Bolt-In Front Crossmember and Add Washers) #03-08-61-002G - (Feb 14, 2006)

Snap/Popping Type Noise Coming from Front of Vehicle (Remove Bolt-In Front Crossmember and Add Washers)

2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade

2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe

2004-2006 Chevrolet Silverado

2003-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2004-2006 GMC Sierra

1500 Series (½ Ton) and 2500 Series (¾ Ton) with Two-Wheel Drive

This bulletin only applies to 1500 and 2500 series 2WD vehicles with recirculating ball type steering.

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2006 model year, update the correction information and change the quantity of parts needed. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-08-61-002F (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment on a snap or popping-type noise coming from the front of the vehicle. This condition is most apparent during hard left or right turns at low speeds. Going over bumps while turning may also aid in producing this noise.

Correction

Remove the bolt-in front crossmember and add washers using the procedure listed below.

Important: DO NOT slot the mounting holes on the crossmember as stated in previous bulletins. Slotting the holes has been found to be less effective and, in some cases, causes the noise condition to be more prevalent.

1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in the General Information sub-section of the Service Manual.

2. Remove the mounting nuts, bolts and the front crossmember from the vehicle.

3. Clean all the undercoating off the crossmember in the area of the mounting holes.

4. Reinstall the crossmember with the bolts and nuts. On the driver and passenger side, add washer P/N 11509592, or equivalent hardened washer (see dimensions below), at each bolt head and nut location.

Tighten

Tighten the bolts to 120 N·m (89 lb ft).

5. Apply an even coat of Anti-Corrosion Coating, P/N 12346501, or equivalent, to the crossmember where removed. Overlap the original coating in order to provide an effective corrosion protection.

Inside Diameter Outside Diameter Thickness

14 mm (0.551 in) 35 mm (1.38 in) 3 mm (0.118 in)

Parts Information

Part Number Description Qty

11509592 Washer 8

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation Description Labor Time

E1730 Crossmember, Front Suspension - Replace Use published labor time

• 10 months later...
Snap/Popping Type Noise Coming from Front of Vehicle (Remove Bolt-In Front Crossmember and Add Washers) #03-08-61-002G - (Feb 14, 2006)

Snap/Popping Type Noise Coming from Front of Vehicle (Remove Bolt-In Front Crossmember and Add Washers)

2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade

2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe

2004-2006 Chevrolet Silverado

2003-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2004-2006 GMC Sierra

1500 Series (½ Ton) and 2500 Series (¾ Ton) with Two-Wheel Drive

This bulletin only applies to 1500 and 2500 series 2WD vehicles with recirculating ball type steering.

This bulletin is being revised to add the 2006 model year, update the correction information and change the quantity of parts needed. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-08-61-002F (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment on a snap or popping-type noise coming from the front of the vehicle. This condition is most apparent during hard left or right turns at low speeds. Going over bumps while turning may also aid in producing this noise.

Correction

Remove the bolt-in front crossmember and add washers using the procedure listed below.

Important: DO NOT slot the mounting holes on the crossmember as stated in previous bulletins. Slotting the holes has been found to be less effective and, in some cases, causes the noise condition to be more prevalent.

1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in the General Information sub-section of the Service Manual.

2. Remove the mounting nuts, bolts and the front crossmember from the vehicle.

3. Clean all the undercoating off the crossmember in the area of the mounting holes.

4. Reinstall the crossmember with the bolts and nuts. On the driver and passenger side, add washer P/N 11509592, or equivalent hardened washer (see dimensions below), at each bolt head and nut location.

Tighten

Tighten the bolts to 120 N·m (89 lb ft).

5. Apply an even coat of Anti-Corrosion Coating, P/N 12346501, or equivalent, to the crossmember where removed. Overlap the original coating in order to provide an effective corrosion protection.

Inside Diameter Outside Diameter Thickness

14 mm (0.551 in) 35 mm (1.38 in) 3 mm (0.118 in)

Parts Information

Part Number Description Qty

11509592 Washer 8

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation Description Labor Time

E1730 Crossmember, Front Suspension - Replace Use published labor time

Just VHO or SSS also?