Popular Meachanic Mag says Titan is more pickup then......

nxtnlne

Don't worry boys, I wouldn't take it too hard. I went to the autoshow last year when it came to Toronto and noticed that the Honda Civic had won "sports car of the year" and the Honda Ridgeline won "truck of the year". It was actually kinda funny because the Ridgeline had a Honda Quad in the back and the tailgate had to be down just so it would fit in the box... not really much of a truck if that's the case.

A lot of car magazines or magazines that compare models of cars are often very bias (like that autoshow I went to). So if it says the Toyota is faster, I wouldn't be surprised if the article is sponsored by Toyota too...

At least by trying to compare their Yoda's to our engines shows that we are the benchmark they're reaching for...

Cheers!

Don't worry boys, I wouldn't take it too hard. I went to the autoshow last year when it came to Toronto and noticed that the Honda Civic had won "sports car of the year" and the Honda Ridgeline won "truck of the year". It was actually kinda funny because the Ridgeline had a Honda Quad in the back and the tailgate had to be down just so it would fit in the box... not really much of a truck if that's the case.

A lot of car magazines or magazines that compare models of cars are often very bias (like that autoshow I went to). So if it says the Toyota is faster, I wouldn't be surprised if the article is sponsored by Toyota too...

At least by trying to compare their Yoda's to our engines shows that we are the benchmark they're reaching for...

Cheers!

:withstupid: Alot of those articles are biased.

I don't know what kind of testing conditions they have, but they must be testing 0-60 and 1/4 mile up a 10% grade at 10,000 ft elevation. Those are the slowest times I have seen for any of those trucks. My truck (before all my current mods) ran 0-60 in 6.7 seconds at 4,400 ft elevation. Something is wrong with those numbers.

The thing that is holding back the new Chevy is the programming. It really sucks. When you pin the throttle wide open, the computer pulls timing for a full four seconds (torque management) before you get full power. That does not help you win races, or pull a trailer for that matter. I don't know what GM was thinking.

I think they are probably right. Of the three trucks they tested, the Nissan probably is the quickest when empty. The new GM trucks aren't as quick as ours. Maybe the Denali will be, and maybe the Vortec MAX trucks will be when the tune is fixed.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

Yeah as-tested the Titan will do the best of the three. *yawn* Press like this is going to cost GM dearly, because the average magazine reader will either go with a Nissan (appears faster & cheaper) or they will go with a Tundra because they are just as nice or nicer inside than anything else on the market and have the 6-speed tranny and will hold their value far better than buying the Sierra/Silverado. GM should have put the 6L80E in these trucks this year, the fact they do not offer a 6-speed is IMO going to cost them major market share over the coming few years.

Mr. P.

I think that the Titan does look better than the yota IMO, but both are deff uglier than our :chevy: 's. Just remember that our trucks are the prom queen...the total package. all the other japtalian trucks out there are just the red-headed step children starving for attention.

I do agree that the above article is a huge pile of crap just waiting to be flushed :cheers:

Nollet