Blower or Tonneau

montanass

Blower or Gaylord's?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Need some help here

• Procharger
    • Gaylord's Tonneau

What the **** kind of question is that? I don't mean to be a dick but uhhh a cover for things in your truck bed or a freakin blower!!!!!!!! Any one with half a brain would get the tonneau in a heart beat.

I can see where hes coming from though. Its not JUST a bed cover. Its NO mods, the question that should be asked is if I should save up all my pennies for a long time to get a blower or get "x" amount of things which $6,000 can buy a lot of things...wheels, custom interior, cover, sways etc. Everyone has thier priorities But I can see why he is asking, its a lot of money involved. Of course a outright choice between the two would be the procharger. But its not like that.

;) Anyways my votes still for a blower...that would be effin sweet!

I think i'm gonna hold off on the blower. Since the truck is daily driven, a tonneau and some rims would be a little more practical than a Procharger. I've given this alot of thought, and as much as I agree with most of you, the blower would be a no brainer if I didn't need the truck as a DD, however my hot rod is sitting in the garage, so maybe I'll slap a blower on the big block instead :sigh:

I say the tonneau cover. As you may know, getting the Procharger will only magnify the already weak tranny we have so in essence, you will not only be getting a Procharger, but you will also need to upgrade your tranny, a tune, etc. I've been down this road before and felt I would be way in over what I thought I would spend from the begining. I would rather put that money into a SBC or something like that. My truck is my daily driver and I don't need things crapping out on me, especially considering my truck is an '04. Who wants to drive a new truck that breaks down all the time? Not to say that will happen, but it needs to be expected.

:withstupid: I agree. Even though I really want a radix, I will never get one cause there is no way that I could afford all the other things that are going to break. I say get the cover and if you have anything left over go ahead and do the tranny upgrades(since, from what I've read, they suck on a stock SS too). Tranny is next on my list to be on the safe side. Yeah, I just marked radix out.

If you are willing to resist the temptation to mess around with the tune or do other mods, the Radix will be fine for a long time. I have 60,000 miles on my SS and 57,500 of which have been supercharged. It is when you start messing with torque managment or adding a bunch of power from something else, that you will break the transmission. Pretty soon I will have my SS paid off and save up a transmission's worth of money, then I can start doing some more power mods... ;)