Which supercharger should I buy

mojo

Mojo - welcome to the site. If you look around you will see numerous threads about people contemplating the same thing.

The magnacharger is the best way to go right now. IMO

Keep us up to date on your decision. Tbyrne, one of our vendors, probably has the best price you will find. You just have to email him to get his price.

Welcome mojo :seeya:

That's like asking "which girl should I marry". You gotta figure that one out for yourself :D But seriously, do the research and be sure you are getting what suits your needs and tastes. I chose the Radix, and have no regrets. :thumbs: Try going over to www.SuperchargersOnline.com and reading the tech articles and the forum. Lots of information there.

That's like asking "which girl should I marry".

The same but different in a way. You can't try all of the superchargers before you buy one :D

The RADIX kit is by far the most popular system that we carry for the 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 motors -

ls1radix.jpg

Magnuson Products, Inc. , manufacturer of superchargers and supercharger systems for foreign and domestic vehicles is pleased to announce the availability of the newly designed, intercooled supercharger system for the 4.8L, 5.3L and the 6.0L Gen. 3 truck engines, including the new H2.

This all-new intercooled supercharger system utilizes the Magna Charger MP112 supercharger with internal bypass valve. Torque and horsepower increases are improved 63%-125% from 2,700 rpm to 5,500 rpm, giving more "power under the curve" than any other supercharger system available. This translates into a 130+hp increase to your rear wheels!

Intercooled systems are complete with all components necessary for installation. Included in the kit is the patented intake manifold (replacing the factory nylon manifold), intercooler core, coolant circulation pump, heat exchanger and all necessary hardware to complete the entire installation.

Other components include new fuel injectors, fuel rails, factory "push lock connectors" and regulator adapter. Computer programmer communicates with the factory ECU for proper calibration of the supercharger system. Transmission shift points, line pressures and converter strategies are optimized for use with the increase in torque and horsepower.

>>

We have smaller pulleys available if you find that need a little more horsepower.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Gents, and Ladies...

Not to muddy the water on this already wet subject, but have any of you tried the Kenne Bell Supercharger? It is NOT a roots, it is a screw type.

Any thougts on what they offer? It seems their premise is the cool air intake from down under the front right fender and screw type supercharger for best power...

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
Gents, and Ladies...

Not to muddy the water on this already wet subject, but have any of you tried the Kenne Bell Supercharger? It is NOT a roots, it is a screw type.

Any thougts on what they offer? It seems their premise is the cool air intake from down under the front right fender and screw type supercharger for best power...

Thoughts?

I spoke with the Tech at kenne Bell and his feeling was that the twin screw would translate to about 480HP at the fly wheel. He was a bit hesitant to give me specifics on the 6.0 345 Horse Engine. I don't think they have done many of them. My dad has the Escalade AWD 6.0 and I'm on a quest for the SS. It all seems fine and dandy until you try pull the ponies on an average southern california summer day, I feel the intercooler is the way to go. I would love to see a dyno pull between the Kenne Bell and the Magnacharger.

I have the Radix and love it. The best thing is if you have it installed by a certified tech it won't void your warranty and Magna offers an additional warranty. performance and peace of mind is what decided me. Not only that but if you don't get the polished version it looks like it came from the factory that way ;)

I have the Radix and love it. The best thing is if you have it installed by a certified tech it won't void your warranty and Magna offers an additional warranty. performance and peace of mind is what decided me. Not only that but if you don't get the polished version it looks like it came from the factory that way ;)

Warranty ? Just wait till a couple of people make claims :lol: Then you'll see what you bought :crazy:

Read the fine print. If you put in performance spark plugs they can void the warranty, well not exactly but you get the idea...

I'd expect tranny's to start failing from Radix installs in the spring to early summer. That will test the warranty thats offered.

Archived