Vortech, ATI and RADIX supercharger info within

tbyrne

Here is a quick rundown for the Vortech, ATI and Magnuson's RADIX supercharger -

4gl218-018s_underhood.gif

Vortech - about 100-110+hp (not intercooled)

5.5# boost for the 6.0 motor

Hand-held programmer controls ignition timing and fuel enrichment

OEM style cast aluminum supercharger mounting bracket

Cast aluminum discharge tube with Bosch compressor bypass valve

Molded inlet duct retains stock air box and MAF locations

Oil drain, oil feed, and air intake assemblies

The Vortech supercharging system for the 6.0 SS, Cadillac Escalade and GMC Denali will impress you with the obvious attention to detail and fully integrated appearance. Increase your horsepower from 345 to 465 and torque from 380 lb./ft. to 494 lb./ft. to help you pull you, your passengers and your toys over the hill or around the corner. Please note that Vortech does not offer programming for alternatively fueled vehicles (trucks with a Z in the 8th digit of the VIN).

H2ATI.jpg

ATI (P-1SC) - about 115-125hp (intercooled)

Intercooled ProCharger supercharger systems enable your truck or sport utility to deliver unparalleled performance without sacrificing daily drivability or gas mileage. In fact, unlike inefficient positive displacement superchargers, in most towing applications your gas mileage may actually increase slightly thanks to the superior efficiency of the P-1SC ProCharger. Stock or modified, for towing, daily driving, or racing, Intercooled ProCharger systems deliver far more performance with far greater engine reliability than any other supercharger system or power adder such as nitrous oxide. System produces 7-8# of boost for the 6.0 and comes with a 2 core intercooler. This will show you a 60-65% increase in horsepower.

ls1radix.jpg

Magnuson (Radix) - about 130+hp (intercooled)

5.5# of boost

C.A.R.B. E.O. # D-488-4

63-125% more horsepower (from 2,700 rpm to 5,500 rpm)

Significantly more power for passing and towing

O.E.M. quality, utilizes Magna Charger Radix MP112 supercharger

Does not void your warranty

100% complete including intercooler with step-by-step instructions

Installs in approximately 6-7 hours

3-year limited warranty (optional 3-year/36,000 mile powertrain limited warranty)

Magnuson Products, Inc. , manufacturer of superchargers and supercharger systems for foreign and domestic vehicles is pleased to announce the availability of the newly designed, intercooled supercharger system for the 4.8L, 5.3L and the 6.0L Gen. 3 truck engines, including the new H2.

This all-new intercooled supercharger system utilizes the Magna Charger MP112 supercharger with internal bypass valve. Torque and horsepower increases are improved 63%-125% from 2,700 rpm to 5,500 rpm, giving more "power under the curve" than any other supercharger system available. This translates into a 130+hp increase to your rear wheels!

Intercooled systems are complete with all components necessary for installation. Included in the kit is the patented intake manifold (replacing the factory nylon manifold), intercooler core, coolant circulation pump, heat exchanger and all necessary hardware to complete the entire installation.

Other components include new fuel injectors, fuel rails, factory "push lock connectors" and regulator adapter. Computer programmer communicates with the factory ECU for proper calibration of the supercharger system. Transmission shift points, line pressures and converter strategies are optimized for use with the increase in torque and horsepower. Extended power train warranty is available for customer piece of mind.

>>

These numbers can vary depending on other mods that are done to the vehicle along with your altitude and tuning. Just e-mail [email protected] for pricing. We are offering discounts for all kits that each manufacturer produces.

Tom

Is anyone who bought these units seeing this kind of HP in their trucks? I thought everyone was saying that the PCM was taking a ton of HP off what the units should be doing. In fact MN C5 said that the Radix had a ways to go before it had what it should.... (paraphrased)

It seems that the programming is quite a bit off on these superchargers.

Am I missing something here?

Puts out even more when you don't bolt it down on top of the knock sensor cable.

Sorry Ben, couldn't resist. :D

Alright that does it. You drive your truck here next month, we're going to have to go to the track and lay it down. :nono: Loser buys the other a beer, or two.

No dyno to prove it, either way.  Numbers could be close.  I don't think that MN was saying that the tune needed to be better to get what it "should", but did to get what it "could."

Thank you for straightening that out for me.

Truth is, I am a bit "miffed" at my mistakes so far with this truck. It seems that if there was a mistake to make with exhaust mods, I have made it.

To explain, the week I bought the truck, I took it to my favorite muffler shop and favorite muffler guy (who did the exhaust work on both my last mustang and corvettes and did a fantastic job.) I did not know at the time, he was selling his shop (I am assuming this is why this time the quality sucked.) Anyway, I told him I wanted the truck low growl and he told me that some 50 series flows with some Delta technology would give me exactly what I wanted without resonance. Long story, short version, I came back 5 hours later, and I had this custom 3" exhaust and custom made X-pipe that sounded good when I fired it up to pay for it, now I can hear that it has a ton of resonance, leaks at every weld (I can see the carbon builup at every spot!) and has no low end torque. Costly mistake. Leaves me debating almost insanely on how best to fix my predicament.

Anyway, I am still considering the Radix (and I am almost certain that is my course of action! after the boat,) just gotta get past my own mistakes first to be able to look clearly at the choises.

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for straightening out what was intended about the Radix.

PS: I am writing most of my posts while in hotel rooms traveling on the road... so I can't take the truck to have any of this fixed and that gets me even more miffed.

:rolleyes:

Oh well.

Puts out even more when you don't bolt it down on top of the knock sensor cable.

Sorry Ben, couldn't resist.  :D

Alright that does it. You drive your truck here next month, we're going to have to go to the track and lay it down. :nono: Loser buys the other a beer, or two.

Sounds like a deal Ben.

I may hold back a little and let you tie me. that way we can both buy a round. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived