Added another kill to my list

montanass

So I get off work tonight and like every Friday night, I washed my truck. So afterwards I'm driving down the main drag in town at kinda a slow pace (20 in a 25) with tow haul on making some noise in second gear, when this little white 2003(ish) Mustang starts pacing me. I looked pretty closely at the fender for a GT badge or something, but it had none, just a little ponie badge like the v6 stangs have, so I thought to myself: "It's not even worth it." and I kept putting the gut. This continues for another couple of blocks then I catch a yellow, soon to be red, light. I stopped because I was in no hurry to get where I was headed and this Stang stops next to me. I sat there minding my own business when out of f*n nowhere I hear a rev from a V8. I looked around confused, thinking I was sitting next to a 6 cyl. car and there's no way. Then they do it again and I finally figured it out, the Mustang was sporting a V8. :wtf:

So I looked left, then right, checked my rear veiw mirror, and assesed the traffic ahead of me, and decided to give it a go. I waited for the light to turn green, and punched it from an idle. The Stang, jumped at the same time but was fading fast. I held it down through first and to about 3500 RPM in second and decided I had proven myself more than enough, by a good solid 3-4 lengths. (While still in tow haul!) I slowed back down to the speed limit and continued to where I was going. The Mustang caught up, and took a hard right, then I noticed the GT rear bumper and dual pipes.

A little later me and my buddie went out to try and find the Mustang, which we did, I tried to get another go at him, but took another hard right down a side street, and I'm guessing went home to cry :cry:

Sorry this was so long, I guess all i needed to say was "I raced a Mustang GT and won." but that's not very fun, so I had to get wordy and worsen my case of Carpal Tunnel. :lol:

good kill, my friends brother is still obseSSed with the fact that the SS jumped his new s4 for a little bit. ;) :yellow_loser:

sweet kill and little story. I never use tow haul but I have heard its pretty good for the get up and go in a stoplight race. :confused: correct me if im wrong?

good kill, my friends brother is still obseSSed with the fact that the SS jumped his new s4 for a little bit. ;) :yellow_loser:

sweet kill and little story. I never use tow haul but I have heard its pretty good for the get up and go in a stoplight race. :confused: correct me if im wrong?

yeah, tow/haul works well if you cruzin around and punch it, since it is already in a lower gear, the truck will just go instead of messin around downshifting. The only downer of tow/haul is the shift points are LLLOOOWWW! Mine shifts at 5400 in T/H and 6000 normally, which is also my redline so sometimes it hit the limiter before it shifts :lol: (i need a new tune :banghead: )

yeah, tow/haul works well if you cruzin around and punch it, since it is already in a lower gear, the truck will just go instead of messin around downshifting. The only downer of tow/haul is the shift points are LLLOOOWWW! Mine shifts at 5400 in T/H and 6000 normally, which is also my redline so sometimes it hit the limiter before it shifts :lol: (i need a new tune :banghead: )

I have the diablosport predator tuner, and it gives you the option of modifying the T/H mode and normal.

I set mine up to shift harder and quicker in T/H, I don't tow anything so I use T/H as RACE MODE. :driving:

BTW, Good Kill on the Rustang!

i have the same programmer but i only tested the quicker harder shifts a few times, it seems to be really hard on a stock tranny so i set it back but the increases stall rpms are cool when you want to sound loud at a stop light you can program it to come on when you press your air conditioner button. nice kill by the way i am not a fan of the mustang i had a 03 saleen S-281 SC with 4.55 gears and it was a pain to keep from loosing traction all the time but for most puntangs that is not a problem lol. thank god for AWD.