Bellsouth is firing me

You are the victim of a poorly written law; they should have included a phrase in it giving statute of limitations to misdemeanor charges, like only exclude staff with misdemeanors less than 5 years old, or some such exclusion. Being fired because you were charged with a misdemeanor 15+ years ago is not just BS, it's wrong and somebody needs to challenge that law as somehow unconstitutional.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: Sorry to hear man... hopefully they will review your situation!

I'd like to see if the judges and lawyers there could pass that test. Most of the police force would fail also. How about the CEO of your company? Damn lawyers have got this country and businesses scared to death to fart without fear of someone suing them. :banghead:
:withstupid: Some of the biggest party animals that I've met were cops. Common sense tells me that this is a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time 14 years ago. They should look at things like that, but the lawyers have everyone afraid to use common sense.

I would contact any news agency who will listen. Call talk shows do whatever you can to bring the story to national attention. It's totally BS. I would take the story to washington DC and get some of those people on your side. they all suck but they've got power. Hope you get it worked out.

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

Make as big of a stink as you can. Do your homework and be the biggest pain in the ass to the company as you can. If it gets as much publicity as it may, a lawyer may step up and rep for free,...just for the props.

Its BS.

Here's a good one for you from north of the border. In Canada, street racing is now a criminal offence. Now one little race with your buddies as a teenager and you are screwed for life. No one here cares what it's for as long as you have a criminal record. :icon_bs:

Regards,

Dan

I appreciate the replies, I dont know if the lawyer can help but I'll try. The company said I can't work, if I can't get a security badge for the schools. I get 90 days administrative leave to get this resolved (unpaid of course).

I was looking forward to using my tax return for a tune on my truck :(

now I must tighten the budget up. DAMN, my truck is almost 6 months old and no tune, sucks!

Wow, that's crazy man! Hopefully everything will work out for you.

We are having something like that here. Homeland security wants us to have these identification cards that will cost us something like $160.00, yet they aren't having the truck drivers get one even though they come on port land, some of which are illegals. Well, why the hell do we need one? They are also doing something like a 7 year backround check and some people may lose their jobs for something they did 7 years ago. If they already payed their "dues", why punish them again? Alot of ass backwards shit going on in the world!

:withstupid::shakehead: . Man i'm sorry to here that dude...I hope everything works out for you!