3.0 pulley for Radix installed tonight

Well I put on the new 3.oo inch pulley this evening. It was a breeze to get the old one off. The new one was definately a tight fit but I just tapped it on gently with a block of wood and a small hammer.

You can definately feel the difference in the way that it pulls. Topped out at just a shade over 8lbs on my Autometer. Didn't get to do a whole lot of driving on it. I couldn't resist and packed up my son who his home with a cold and ran it down the road and back. Not as awesome as that first drive with the blower on, but you can definately feel a difference.

About 7-8 hours the day I put it in. The day before though, I already had the front disassembled and was getting the valve covers off first thing the next morning. It amazed me at how easy that cam came out after you get off the rocker arms. The springs and dealing with the two locks per valve stem will take the longest. Not hard, just a tedious task. Use the magnets you bought to pull them out and help put them back in. You won't loose any that way.

That is my plan. I am going to get started first thing Friday morning. Hopefully I can finish up and get it most of the way back together that day so I can do some driving on Saturday. I fly out to San Diego on Sunday so I need to have it all done.

I still have to track down some pen magnets, no one place has enough and I can't seem to find any for under 5 bucks. After this cam install I am going to have 80 bucks worth of useless pen magnes lying around.

So when swappng the 3.0 pulley vs the stock all you do is swap it out and you are good to go correct. No mods to the computer to richen up the A/F mixture or anything ? Also do you hear any detonation with the 3.0 pulley ?

Thx

Dave

slimsoftball, I just installed my 3" pulley and I'm only getting a shade under 8psi....

I wonder whats different? :wtf:

I think you just need to push the pedal a little harder. :D Should get my gauges next week, or so.

Archived