sweet 125 mph.!!!! but...

heavyfoot

I just programed my 06 ext cab V-max sierra 4x4 with superchip performance 91 octane it goes to 125 mph but I get this loud humming noise it starts at 110 mph and gets louder ,I hear it and feel it, :confused: what is it ? it feels like the the drive shaft is out of balance ?Is it normal ??? I have a 4.10 rear end.I would like some help before tuesday ,I made an appoitment at the dealearship because I only got 25,000 miles.I don't know what or how to tell them this problem :confused: .....I gess I could tell them ALL the truth ..."I get this awful noise at 125 mph " :crackup:

that could be your tires, what is the speed rating on them? If you are running on stock tires I guarantee they aren't rated for speeds over 110-112mph. I don't know man, I don't think I would tell the dealer I f*cked with the PCM and I have a hum at 125mph. :banghead:

Yeah the dealer wil tell you to go screw yourself because they aren't gonna take it to 125 and they are gonna know it won't go to 125 stock. I recently had my trans replaced by a dealer which we know at work really well and they warranty all of our "Banks" aftermarket stuff and I asked them if they took my truck out and drove it like they stole it "jokingly" and they said NO we don't do that here!

Yeah the dealer wil tell you to go screw yourself because they aren't gonna take it to 125 and they are gonna know it won't go to 125 stock. I recently had my trans replaced by a dealer which we know at work really well and they warranty all of our "Banks" aftermarket stuff and I asked them if they took my truck out and drove it like they stole it "jokingly" and they said NO we don't do that here!

Man, my dealer told me if I drop my truck a inch, no more tran or rear end warranty, but he'a a BIG A$$

Man, my dealer told me if I drop my truck a inch, no more tran or rear end warranty, but he'a a BIG A$$

see its dealers like this that make it bad for the few good ones out there. wtf does droping your truck an inch have to do with tranny longevity? i mean seriously.

is this same dealer telling you that if you install a set of jba headers that he's not gonna warranty a broken tranny mount too? good grief.

i know ive said this to you before and maybe its a logistics thing for you but seriously, find another dealer that doesnt threaten you with some bogus exuse to why he wont fix something.

Bring your truck to Savannah GA, I know of a place that will! And then they will deny it and bitch when you tell the manager that you watched the kid do it!

Speed rating on tires is for an extended amount of time. I doubt you were at 125 mph for that long. People run the 165/80/15 on the front of drag cars which go through the traps at 125mph and up. That size tire is for an old Volkswagon beetle, and the speed rating on those tires is probably 85mph. My point is that the problem is not the speed rating unless your at 125mph for awhile, or have that much road.

• 2 weeks later...
Your wheels could be out of balance.

First thing I'd try is a tire rotation and go 125mph again and see if anything changes!

Might need a rebalance.....high speed balance if you can find a good place that can do a balance at 100mph or higher!

I have 4.10 gears in my Denali and it rides on factory 20's....Goodyear Eagle LS if memory serves me.....these tires really suck and I have all sorts of funny vibrations and noises from these tires and only have 5000 miles on my truck! At 100mph....hits the speed limiter @ 101.....my 4.10 gears are really "humming" so you could be hearing gear whine galore at 125mph!?!? This does not explain the vibration, however!

I'm seriously thinking about going to 18" wheels and tires for my truck this summer....I love the looks of 20's & 22's but I'm concerned these sizes will present too many vibration issues at high speed. If any of you have evidence to the contrary let me know what tire & wheel combo you have. Everyone tells me they have vibration issues on "cold" 20's & 22's but it typically goes away as they warm up.....mine are really bad in the cold, too! They wheel hop something fierce on an uneven highway pavement as well. Maybe it is simply my GOODYEAR'S and I'm considering BFG G-Forces once I hit the lottery!

• 4 weeks later...

I have 4.10 gears in my Denali and it rides on factory 20's....Goodyear Eagle LS if memory serves me.....these tires really suck and I have all sorts of funny vibrations and noises from these tires and only have 5000 miles on my truck! At 100mph....hits the speed limiter @ 101.....my 4.10 gears are really "humming" so you could be hearing gear whine galore at 125mph!?!? This does not explain the vibration, however!

Well...I guess it's the "nature of the BEAST" .they took down the drive shaft checked it and they said everything OK.I can just barly feel it.And the sales man said the truck was design for pulling...not speeding....It looks like I am going to need a GPS to find out my top speed, because at 125 mp it shift to 4th gear and still pulling.... :jester: