need help with console!

well since i have a reg cab, my truck didnt come with center console, all it came with is a jump seat and a fold down console thing. i never use all the seats,,actually i practicly ever use the pass side.. but what i want is a center console from like a ss or other truck with it. i saw a picture of one in a reg cab. but it was in 06 chevy. did 06 come with ones in there already? if not how hard do you think it would be to put it in.? as far as i can tell the dashes look the same so i woul dthink it woul djust bolt up. and one more ? did any consoles come in tan? since my interior change will not be until later!~~~kyle

p.s sorry about all the question

post-9259-1173445280_thumb.jpg

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added the leather seats and full center console in my truck late last year. Any center console from an 03-07 classic silverado/sierra will work. You will need the actuall console and you will need to change the piece on the dash that the glove box is attached to. I'll try to take some close up pics this weekend to show you what I mean. It's reall an easy swap. I did the seats and console including all new wiring for the power seats in a little over 2 hours (and that included removing the old stuff). I'm wanting to get some Katzkin's for the seats, the graphite with graphite sued inserts. Anyways, here's a pic of mine...

post-6096-1157953006_thumb.jpg

trust me that console will be done!!!! im going to junk yards tomorow hopefully i will get lucky on some good parts. it will look so good, plus its what i wanted since i bought the truck. i love it in my moms escalade so i will love it in mine. but doesnt it have the heating controls in the back of it?? also fordsareslow could you get me a pic from the back wall to the console, i dont want it to mess up my sub. hopefully i wil have enough room.

p.s i was also thinking about changing my interior but the more i think about it i think tan leather and the console woul dlook good. since no one else has tan interior. i might stick with it.

one more question, what kind of socket do i need to remove the seats. it looks like i need to unbolt the seats to move the console. and the nut on there looks weird. is it a external torx? if so what size becuase i dont have any that big and will have to run to sears since snapon isnt coming till thursday. any help would be good.

found a pic in tan...i cant waitto do it, called around and no luck yet, i found this one place that WILL find me one they say well here is a pic

also found a pair of tan leather seats for 300 a peice is that good???

post-9259-1173584862_thumb.jpg

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

I may eventually do this, but I actually kinda like the bench and the big console. I can keep big files and things in it.

:withstupid: I'm not a huge fan of the center console, I'm really more of a fan of the bench like your's drako, that way my girlie could sit bitch next to me :) or if i really wanted to we could get freaky in the front seat :uhoh:

:crackup:

I may eventually do this, but I actually kinda like the bench and the big console. I can keep big files and things in it.

:withstupid: I'm not a huge fan of the center console, I'm really more of a fan of the bench like your's drako, that way my girlie could sit bitch next to me :) or if i really wanted to we could get freaky in the front seat :uhoh:

:crackup:

That was a big seller, it provides the whole "spontaneous" feeling girls talk about.

It also makes a half decent bed. :)