Transmission work

Well, just got finished a little while ago doing the work I had planned for a while. I installed a corvette servo, Transgo-HD shift kit, and new TC. Took a little while performing in the driveway. All I can say is, if I have to do again, I will pay someone to do.

Took for a test drive and all I can say is WOW! Finally 4 spinning tires! It didn't last long, but it happened.

Shift kit worked out great, with many parts changed out compared to the B&M kit I did on my '99. Instructions are pretty decent. Shifts are awesome under WOT and firm, yet not harsh under low load conditions. The big diff is the amount of time it takes to shift. If I had to guess, I'd say that the times it takes to shift, especially in WOT condition, was at least cut in half. This is the same kit that was done on MustbBrent's truck. Put together for me by Allen Nelson of Nelson Performance. Nothing complicated about the kit at all. Thanks, Allen :thumbs: Pass along the same to Joe.

glad it all worked out well ben. i was wondering. :jester::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks for all the help, Zippy. :thumbs: Especially, the last minute p/n#s. Never did I realize that there was a gsket anywhere, or that I had to worry about some clips. Although, I didn't loose the original clips, I did use the new ones because the other ones were pretty misshaped.

The O/D servo, from what I have been told is really not necessary, unless you're traveling at really high speeds.

Are you saying you don't drive fast Ben? I find that hard to believe. :D

-Matt

Well.....I didn't mean that, exactly. :D When I got on the phone with the guys at FLP and they told me that I didn't need it, but they had some using it that were running on the autobaun (sp?), I kind of figured I wouldn't be running that fast. ;)

all.  Thanks, Allen  :thumbs:  Pass along the same to Joe.

Been busy, just saw this post, no problem, i'm glad it worked out for you.

what's next on the mod list?

allen

I just installed ASM headers Monday. Got electric fans in today. That will be it for a little while.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived