370 engine build

04CHASE

yeah the intercooler piping and the intercoler are just on there , i need to actually put the bracket on and mount them i also am waiting on the methanol kit and that wil use the two bungs you see on the post intercooler pipe. it will be a dual nozzle system ihope i dont become a meth addict.

i spent about 6-7 hours today on this , it took a while too do the fuel lines since i had to cut and the recut some because they were a little long, but better safe than sorry . then i had to re run all the fuel lines because i wasnt happy with them being to close to the headers. also had to make a trip down to g.j. to pick up some extra fittings. hopefully no leaks but there are always bugs when doing so many new thigns at once. also have to get the elbow polished before i go at it.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good. Did you get the MSD coil packs ?

pretty sure he painted them, no sense in buying the msds for 600 bones for pretty much the same coil as stock, just red.

well i got bored today and started playing aroudn with it. i poured in the evans npg coolant and discovered my passenger side head iddnt have the plug in it. so i lost about 1/4 gallon of coolant. so i get to order some more. i didnt to much since i have the intake elbow off to drill and tap tommorrow at work. i did run the nitrous and fuel lines to the intake. swapped pulleys . fixed the little leak and did the brake booster . here are a couple pics .

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

well i am really scared to say when because im scared to start it . but if everything goes to plan this coming saturday would be nice.

don't be too scared... engine start ups are always a little scary, but if you have confidence in your engine builder, and your own work then it should be no big deal. There are always a couple of bugs to work out, just make sure all the MAJOR stuff is handled :thumbs: It seems like you've done a good job this far... have some confidence ;)

yeah ive been pretty cautious with everythign staying clean and all. it woul djust break my heart to have to pull the entire engine again. but i dropped off the elbow today for polish. i drilled and tapped it all i need to do is tighten some bs up and run the vaccum lines, then bolt on the pipes and hope for the best.