370 engine build

04CHASE

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the meth kit just arrived yesterday and is a little more involved than i anticipated. so i doubt i will fire it this weekend. i have some fabbing to do on the intake pipe. i am really want to fire it but i want eveything done right before i do . but like i said not much to do . check the tb to see if it will work if not i need to find a dbw 90mm ls2 tb , run the vac lines, tighten up all the fittings and instal the meth kit. ill get some more progress tommorrow though.

• 2 weeks later...

very little done today , started gettign hot to early

but here are a couple lil things that showed up also

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00514.jpg

just in case someone wanted to know a good route for runnin gthe evap with a vic jr

here is the alky control

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

not much progress as i said but here are some cool things

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

baer 6 piston brake with 15 inch rotors

also waiting on some ate super blue fluid

DSC00511.jpg

intake piped back from polish and alky nozels installed

DSC00512.jpg

and some race gas and methanol ( motorsport 109 unleaded, 101 motor octane almost 10 bucks a gallon)

trust me im ready for it to be done too. but the reason im still lagging is i have to wait on parts. right now im waiting to get my 90mm tb. the ssr one didnt work . so as soon as i get that i should be able to fire it. then its off to the trans shop to get a little check up and maybe a new torque converter and new tranny pan since i f'ed my stock one with the jack. just got to get a decent tune in it to be able to drive it and break it in. then its off to get tuned. im trying to take it to vegas for the 14-17 of july . then the meet on the 29th. there is also a private track day i may be attending on the 1st so that woul dbe nice. but right now is not the time for setting records at the strip.

Its just like where i work, always waiting on parts. Break in period is crucial for sure. I just want to hear the sound of this beast. Do you think your tranny is going to hold the power? You still have a 65e right??

yeah tb still isnt here im hoping it will be here next week. i just put the alternator back on , it got polished and chromed. also just for shits and giggles i tried to see how the fuel system is wokring so plugged everything in and no fuel pressure. so i get to trouble shoot tommorrow. my goal is to get it to the point where all i need to do is bolt the tb on and fire it tommorrow. so pics will be up .