what should i do

So currently i have a 4.8 reg cab. i have alot of goals for it but ive been reading up alot and wondering if i should change things around. so i have here 2 options, one of them is obviously going to be a "cooler" pick, but for me i need to go with what is more practical for my goals.

-heavily mod my 4.8 (bore, stroke, cam, rocker pkg, cylinder head, s/c, tranny....pretty much rebuild it)

OR

-get a 6.0 and mod it over time, then drop it in when its done. i would probably still do all the same stuff, it would just take alot longer and be alot more $$$

i found a bare lq9 block for sale cheap. i would pretty much have to buy everything to put it together tho

:confused: what are your guys' thoughts? btw this is my daily driver

IMO... I would do the basics to your 4.8... tune, exhaust, intake, etc... NOTHING ELSE...

safe your money for the 6.0 or bigger... and really get the bang for your buck... your gonna dump a bunch of money into the 4.8 and its still just gonna a puney 4.8.... **** that!

~Brian

IMO... I would do the basics to your 4.8... tune, exhaust, intake, etc... NOTHING ELSE...

safe your money for the 6.0 or bigger... and really get the bang for your buck... your gonna dump a bunch of money into the 4.8 and its still just gonna a puney 4.8.... **** that!

~Brian

:withstupid: Put your money into the "truck", not the "motor". I don't think that the 4.8 will get you to your performance goals, I would find any 6.0L (LQ4, LQ9, LS2, L92) get it on an engine stand and put in forged pistons, ARP rod bolts, good cam/valvetrain, swap it into your truck, and go modding from there. You can either keep the original 4.8 as insurance in case you blow up your modded motor, or you can sell it off to offset the cost of building the larger engine. What kind of trans are you working with?

Mr. P. :)

ps - don't buy a bare block; you'll spend more in the end. Get as complete a long block as you can afford. OR, if you have the budget get a complete 6.0l short block and buy prepped L92 heads for well under a grand and with the right cam you are well into 500-525 hp. :driving: I think you can already tell what my powertrain plan is!

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

i guess its unanymous. once i sell my other car ill swoop up a 6.0. and ill definitely have a build journal to keep you guys posted on everything! but dont get antsy this is gonna take months!

and if you know of any 6.0's for sale right now let me know if its a good deal and where to find it! :cheers:

thanks

-Matt