Smoked Thankgiving turkey, I mean Hemi...

dcairns

that's how you have to win some.. pick on the little guys. That's all that aren't skeert to race me are the little 4 bangers.. lol.. and I leave them eating my tire smoke and chunks of rubber. I haven't had a good street race in a while, even a hemi identical to mine won't race me. Wish I didn't sell that Tahoe, everyone and anyone would race me, even grandma's. that 350 had no mercy though. still quite under powered compared to my new ride. though I'm wondering why I sold it. Shoulda kept my money, dumped it into the tahoe and be smokin' vette's and 'maro's. haha..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta give the HEMI guys an "A" for effort . . . they don't seem to learn, but they keep on tryin'. :lol: NICE KILL! Nothing better than a freshly smoked HEMI on thanksgiving. Speaking of which hope everybody had a good holiday

I just keep seeing that dodge commercial in my head when those two black x-cab hemi's pull up to the light and they guy says...hey that thing got a hemi....and the other kid goes your about to find out...chevy needs to pick on that commercial, and have dave's ss smoke a hemi for the whole word to see..

but his ss is supercharged, not from the factory. what would be the point? that a truck that had the same hp stock with an aftermarket blower with now more hp can beat a different truck with the same stock hp, but without the blower? lets slap an equally boosted blower on the hemi first, then race. oh yeah, make em both quad cabs, not an ext. vs quad cab. (dodge doesn't make kid cabs. I call it a kid cab cause that's all those back seats will fit.)

I don't know which is faster, cause my hemi weighs less, so of course I have the weight advantage. But I'm almost positive an equally weighted hemi will stay right with an equally weighted SS, until high speeds where the front end kills the dodge.

you guys have the aero advantage. IMHO both trucks put out 345 HP, one just goes to 4 wheels the other goes to 2 (or one..)

The discussion that me and the Hemi guy were having was "who's truck is faster". He obviously thought his truck was rather special, but mine was more special than his ;) . Like wise there are plenty of trucks faster than me. That is part of the fun, you don't always know what is going on under the hood of the other guys truck. :lol:

i know its not fair, and that's what makes it fun. I like driving around and looking for someone to race me. its great fun. though everyone is too chickenshit to race me.. (time to remove the hemi badges?) I've raced two rc silverados, one beat me, and the other didn't. both were stock? I raced my dad's mustang gt from a 30mph roll and it was neck and neck. I've taken him from a start everytime though.. hehe..

I don't know which is faster, cause my hemi weighs less, so of course I have the weight advantage. But I'm almost positive an equally weighted hemi will stay right with an equally weighted SS, until high speeds where the front end kills the dodge.

you guys have the aero advantage. IMHO both trucks put out 345 HP, one just goes to 4 wheels the other goes to 2 (or one..)

Chevy38 did you read MOTOR TREND Oct 03 issue . They compared a Silverado S.S. vs a standard cab hemi . (quite a bit lighter) As I remember the S.S. was faster and It stopped better . Why didnt they compare two extended cab trucks :eek::wtf:

I don't know which is faster, cause my hemi weighs less, so of course I have the weight advantage.  But I'm almost positive an equally weighted hemi will stay right with an equally weighted SS, until high speeds where the front end kills the dodge. 

you guys have the aero advantage.  IMHO both trucks put out 345 HP, one just goes to 4 wheels the other goes to 2 (or one..)

Chevy38 did you read MOTOR TREND Oct 03 issue . They compared a Silverado S.S. vs a standard cab hemi . (quite a bit lighter) As I remember the S.S. was faster and It stopped better . Why didnt they compare two extended cab trucks :eek::wtf:

:withstupid:

actually no. I did read Truck Trends though where they compare the harley to the ss to the rc hemi. magazines seem a bit biased to the ford and mostly chevy trucks. why? I have no friggin' clue. But its musta been a n00b driver driving the hemi, as I hit the same time my first run (that I got traction on)to the track. imagine that. :smash::smash::smash::smash:

oh i forgot, I didn't floor it off the line and the computer farted and forgot to shift from 1st to 2nd until I cracked the throttle. hmm.. very interesting.

Let me just settle this whole "quad-cab" vs. "reg-cab" issue right now for everyone (chevyfan38: this means you!) I work with a guy who owns a 2003, black, regular cab, California edition HEMI Express, the closest match (HEMI has the weight advantage) pound for pound to the SS even down to rim/tire size. If anyone around the area is familiar with Euclid Ave. that runs north-south through Upland, Ontario, and crosses over the 10 Freeway, etc. We decided to both drive to a resturant for lunch today and test the match-up (hes a diehard HEMI guy) and swore it'd be close but he'd be the winner (HA! :lol:)

ON THE WAY THERE:

Uphill 1- SS quicker off of the line. Walked away no problem. :chevy:

Uphill 2- SS quicker off of the line. Walked away no problem. :chevy:

Uphill 3- SS bad start, lost about a truck length. Close but he was ahead by the time we hit the next stop. :devil:

ON THE WAY BACK:

Downhill 1- SS quicker off of the line. HEMI seemed to have an easier time keeping up. :chevy:

Downhill 2- SS bad start, dead even to the light. Too close to call. :confused:

Downhill 3- HEMI smokes 'em at the line. SS beats by at least 3 lengths. :chevy:

VERDICT:

Stock vs. Stock - The HEMI is a quick truck but SS is faster. Both good looking trucks (took some pics at sunset to share later) I have to admit, I thought he'd have the slight advantage w/ the weight difference. But facts don't lie! :chevy: NOW . . . the SRT-10. Thats a truck I won't even mess with! I'm a Chevy guy, but I ain't CRAZY :crazy:

Archived