Bad Week for the SS

J. Yates

I just wanted to vent on what my put my poor truck through this last week. First I was backing out of a parking lot and hit a yellow concrete pole and scratched yellow paint all on my corner bumper. Thats not the worst 3 days later I was almost home sleepy as heck with my boys in the truck and ran off one side of the road got it back on just before a bad culvert which would have flipped us only to over correct and go off the other side of the road scraping against tree limbs. Well with the AWD it didnt take much to get out but I was scared to look when I got home. I had deep scratches on both sides of my truck, luckily only the cladding. So I take it to a shop I took it to last year after Lowes scratched my tailgate cap. The guy says it looks like you hit a deer trying to swerve to miss it I can see some hair on the truck. He says if I tell the insurance I hit it it would be under my comprehensive and only be $250.00. He said they would take pics and send them to my insurance co. I messed one wheel up pretty bad. I happened to show him some dents on my hood I had done laying on it trying to help AAA unlock my door one time and he says that looks like where the deer hit my truck. Now I am really not one for dishonesty I would rather pay the $500.00 but I may be wrong but if I can get it for $250.00 wouldnt you?

sounds similar to how pringles chip company started, you know the tube cans the have right....well they were going to house tennis balls, but instead of the tennis balls they recieved a shit load of potatos. the owner stood there puzzled for a minute, scratched his head, and said

"**** it, cut em' up" :seeya:

It's called Insurance Fraud.

:withstupid: It is because of dirtbags like that shop owner that we all pay higher insurance rates. What is the name of the shop? He is only trying to get more work for himself out of you, and putting you at risk at the same time. Sounds like it's not a very good shop if he needs to fabricate work for himself. Any self respecting shop would be busy and not need to steal to keep in business.

I would seriously look for another place to have my truck fixed. Who knows what he would try to pull on you when fixing the truck. A place like this would cut corners in any way they can in order to put more money in their own pocket and will not think twice in trying to screw you as well as the insurance company.

I would tell him why I was taking it somewhere else, and maybe he would think about what he is doing and how he is running his business. Then again, dirtbags will always be dirtbags....

my comprehensive and collision both have the same deductible. $100 (by the way it is only $16 more per yr to have the 100 vs the 500 deductible.)

but on to the problem at hand. stealing is stealing. what is $250 more to have a clear conscience and can sleep at night. shops like that make all of our rates go up. i would report him to my insurance company and go somewhere else. maybe your insurance will reward you for your honesty

just my .02

I just wanted to vent on what my put my poor truck through this last week. First I was backing out of a parking lot and hit a yellow concrete pole and scratched yellow paint all on my corner bumper. Thats not the worst 3 days later I was almost home sleepy as heck with my boys in the truck and ran off one side of the road got it back on just before a bad culvert which would have flipped us only to over correct and go off the other side of the road scraping against tree limbs. Well with the AWD it didnt take much to get out but I was scared to look when I got home. I had deep scratches on both sides of my truck, luckily only the cladding. So I take it to a shop I took it to last year after Lowes scratched my tailgate cap. The guy says it looks like you hit a deer trying to swerve to miss it I can see some hair on the truck. He says if I tell the insurance I hit it it would be under my comprehensive and only be $250.00. He said they would take pics and send them to my insurance co. I messed one wheel up pretty bad. I happened to show him some dents on my hood I had done laying on it trying to help AAA unlock my door one time and he says that looks like where the deer hit my truck. Now I am really not one for dishonesty I would rather pay the $500.00 but I may be wrong but if I can get it for $250.00 wouldnt you?

I think you should have kept this to yourself!

sounds similar to how pringles chip company started, you know the tube cans the have right....well they were going to house tennis balls, but instead of the tennis balls they recieved a shit load of potatos. the owner stood there puzzled for a minute, scratched his head, and said

"**** it, cut em' up" :seeya:

:crackup: Did not know that story...

It is nice that your bodyman wants to help you out, but just pay the deductible.

Mr. P.

Wasn't there just another potential insurance fraud post like 2 weeks ago? We learned that 95% of this site is against it.

p.s. now that you put it in writing I wouldn't recomend cheating. If you were going to do something like that the less people know the less chances you have of getting caught. :shakehead:

I am going to go rob the bank on the corner of 3rd and j/k now :jester: