Building a new motor

kelleyperformance

the title kind of says it all..... the rings in my current setup were not file fit by the guy who installed them, which has screwed my cylinders up and made my truck sound like a duramax. so i figured while i have to scrap my pistons and rods, why not go 408? and because im gunna need more airflow, why not go with a new MP122 maggie?

so my build is most likely going to include:

-LQ9 block

-LS2 250/80cc CNC heads 64.5cc com chambers

-crane 1.8 gold race rockers

-GMPP high-rpm (race) lifters

-eagle forged 4.00" crank (maybe 3.62")

-je or wiseco pistons -8cc dish

-custom grind cam (undecided, maybe 216/220 .531 .531 115 LSA )

-eagle rods

-LPE oil pump

-ARP everywhere

-of course, MP122 :P

final compression will be somewhere arround 10.1

i plan on running 9-10 lbs thru the maggie

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

You might want to go a little lower in compression. 9.5 to 9.8 Zippy would know more, but this would allow for more boost from the MP 122. I thinking about 14 psi. Your cam choice looks a bit small, but get a Pro to help you with that.

The package sounds SWEET !

Good luck

CD

sounds about what i'm going to do once this motor goes. hopefully though it won't happen soon for me cause i'm broke. good luck and keep us posted.

yup, that was my situation. i planned on putting the blower on my current motor, and was going to wait like a year to do the stroker. but it is deteriorating more and more and making more and more noise, i really need to do the motor NOW before i destroy anything else. and the maggie was already ordered, so tuff luck for me...

You might want to go a little lower in compression. 9.5 to 9.8 Zippy would know more, but this would allow for more boost from the MP 122. I thinking about 14 psi. Your cam choice looks a bit small, but get a Pro to help you with that.

The package sounds SWEET !

Good luck

CD

i agree that would be a more ideal CR for 14 lbs, but i would rather have a more responsive motor out of boost, at a few pounds expense. who knows, i might end up going lower compression...... im a gm tech so i have all this planned :crazy: . it may seem small, my engine may be different than most; i just cant wait to make the numbers, i promise they too will be different :D

unfortunatly i was rebuilding the rear diff and my buddy put the pistons in to speed things up. i rebuilt the rear end, installed a new oil pan, new rods, new pistons, new heads, lifters, rockers, and ignition in 3 half days :jester: guess haste makes waste :banghead:

:devil:

wow man...this will be fun :thumbs:

Are we looking at like 6 months time before shes ready?

We still need to get together though....

I agree that zippy will give you some invaluable info

dont scare me like that! who do you think i am, adams2003??? :rollin: im shootin for 3-4 weeks engine in and running (with MP112). the MP122 will be in and running in 6 weeks......................................................if i can pay for it :yellow_loser: ; if not, thats a 10-12 week deal (at the funds work is producing lately :mad: ) so YES you too can speed up the process of my new maggie!!! all i need is more happy performance customers :crackup::jester:

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

yup, that was my situation. i planned on putting the blower on my current motor, and was going to wait like a year to do the stroker. but it is deteriorating more and more and making more and more noise, i really need to do the motor NOW before i destroy anything else. and the maggie was already ordered, so tuff luck for me...

i agree that would be a more ideal CR for 14 lbs, but i would rather have a more responsive motor out of boost, at a few pounds expense. who knows, i might end up going lower compression...... im a gm tech so i have all this planned :crazy: . it may seem small, my engine may be different than most; i just cant wait to make the numbers, i promise they too will be different :D

unfortunatly i was rebuilding the rear diff and my buddy put the pistons in to speed things up. i rebuilt the rear end, installed a new oil pan, new rods, new pistons, new heads, lifters, rockers, and ignition in 3 half days :jester: guess haste makes waste :banghead:

dont scare me like that! who do you think i am, adams2003??? :rollin: im shootin for 3-4 weeks engine in and running (with MP112). the MP122 will be in and running in 6 weeks......................................................if i can pay for it :yellow_loser: ; if not, thats a 10-12 week deal (at the funds work is producing lately :mad: ) so YES you too can speed up the process of my new maggie!!! all i need is more happy performance customers :crackup::jester:

you provide a AWD dyno I will be knocking on your door ;) Aside from that all I can do is showup with some :cheers: and cook up some bbq. Oh yeah and some pics. :) some people are gonna go to the Opa-locka 1/8 mile in like a month. A lightning will be there....think hes stock. :devil:

haha yea about that dyno...... if only i could find that money tree that i have been searching for, then MAYYYYYYYYYBE id buy another dyno :P . but until then, i find one tempremental, way too $$$, HUGE red piece of metal enough :cry: however i will have to take you up on those pictures someday

the title kind of says it all..... the rings in my current setup were not file fit by the guy who installed them, which has screwed my cylinders up and made my truck sound like a duramax. so i figured while i have to scrap my pistons and rods, why not go 408? and because im gunna need more airflow, why not go with a new MP122 maggie?

so my build is most likely going to include:

-LQ9 block

-LS2 250/80cc CNC heads 64.5cc com chambers

-crane 1.8 gold race rockers

-GMPP high-rpm (race) lifters

-eagle forged 4.00" crank (maybe 3.62")

-je or wiseco pistons -8cc dish

-custom grind cam (undecided, maybe 216/220 .531 .531 115 LSA )

-eagle rods

-LPE oil pump

-ARP everywhere

-of course, MP122 :P

final compression will be somewhere arround 10.1

i plan on running 9-10 lbs thru the maggie

im doing the same thing except im going with a vortech sc :yellow_loser:

ill probably take longer since i still have a car to sell and havent found a good shop in my area

sounds awesome tho gl!

well 408 is sold, and i have the truck all taken apart getting the following changes:

-LQ4 pistons (lower my compression 0.6:1)

-2006 LS2 rods (stockers) floating :P

-ARP rod bolts

-stock ring set

-LS7 lifters

-LPE oil pump

-LPE gt2-3 camshaft

-stock rockers and pushrods

wow is it gunna be nice to have a QUIET engine!! stupid chrome-moly rings :mad:

well 408 is sold, and i have the truck all taken apart getting the following changes:

-LQ4 pistons (lower my compression 0.6:1)

-2006 LS2 rods (stockers) floating :P

-ARP rod bolts

-stock ring set

-LS7 lifters

-LPE oil pump

-LPE gt2-3 camshaft

-stock rockers and pushrods

wow is it gunna be nice to have a QUIET engine!! stupid chrome-moly rings :mad:

want it quieter I can trade you my stock manifolds for the dynatech's, ill even throw in a few bucks :jester:

chrome-moly is what the mahle pistons are made of, they SUCK. this isnt a race car lol, way too agressive for everyday.

drako- its not the exhuast ( i love to scare people shitless from sheer roaring noises), it was the agressive rings and tight skirt to wall clearance of the mahles.... almost done with the motor!!! wooohooo ive missed the truck, although driving the Z06 aint too bad lol