Vortech Supercharger/ Intercooler

Adams2003,

that is a sweet lookin machine.

Have you done any track runs with that setup? What do you think about the way it runs during daily driving? IE: get up and go below 3000RPM. Just wondering how it compares to the touted "instant boost" of the Radix? Is there noticable spoolup time?

I guess what I am really asking, is can you light all 4 tires when you floor it? :) I am sure it is a 10 on the fun factor!

Again, great machine.

I havn't done any track times yet but I will shortly. I also ordered one of those g-tech performance meters yesterday but im still curious what it will run at a real track. As far as daily driving goes its great. Im not able to light up all four, but there is a significant increase in power below 3000 rpms since the supercharger has been on. Once it hits 3000rmps though it really jumps. If im just cruisin on the freeway going about 70 and I hammmer it, it feels like Im already at 110 in a matter of seconds. I seen the dyno sheet but I dont have a copy of it because it wasn't there dyno. It read 505hp and 517lbs of torque at the crank. Remember that's with the intercooler and my 4 inch magnaflow exhaust. Im going to dyno it myself after I finish my performance modifications.

Great underhood setup :cheers: Very nice looking, how does Vortech handle the tuning with the SC? It will be interesting to see how your set up compares to the Radix at the Track.

Keep the info coming.. More pics would be nice too.. :thumbs:

Great underhood setup :cheers: Very nice looking, how does Vortech handle the tuning with the SC? It will be interesting to see how your set up compares to the Radix at the Track.

Keep the info coming.. More pics would be nice too.. :thumbs:

:withstupid:

How was it dyno'ed? AWD, or front shaft taken out?

That's a LOT of piping under the hood but it looks really good. I definitely like the idea of the intercooler.

Looking at the pictures, if you put on electric fans, you could run a straight pipe from the air box to the MAF. Then have it chormed like the radiator line and the rest of the setup. Just an idea. I'm sure Tom would be happy to sell you one. ;)

Archived