Ordered cam and springs, what Else do I need?

I was advised to run hardened pushrods, so I did. I was also told the LS6 springs would not be stiff enough for my cam, so I used Comp Cams 918's. You will need 2 water pump gaskets, timing cover gasket, (front seal recommended while you are there), RTV for the lower corners between the oil pan and timing cover, crank bolt like he said, something to hold the lifters up (unless you're very brave), I used 5/16 wooden dowels from Lowe's for $0.68 each. One is enough to make 2 tools, you will need to sand a little to fit. Take the chain off and rockers, spin the cam several times, then slip the rods in and go for it. Crank bolt torque is CRAZY tight, you will need a helper with a prybar to hold the crank from turning, or a flywheel locking tool which bolts in place of the starter.

I was advised to run hardened pushrods, so I did. I was also told the LS6 springs would not be stiff enough for my cam, so I used Comp Cams 918's. You will need 2 water pump gaskets, timing cover gasket, (front seal recommended while you are there), RTV for the lower corners between the oil pan and timing cover, crank bolt like he said, something to hold the lifters up (unless you're very brave), I used 5/16 wooden dowels from Lowe's for $0.68 each. One is enough to make 2 tools, you will need to sand a little to fit. Take the chain off and rockers, spin the cam several times, then slip the rods in and go for it. Crank bolt torque is CRAZY tight, you will need a helper with a prybar to hold the crank from turning, or a flywheel locking tool which bolts in place of the starter.

A 3/4" impact gun works well for that pesky crank bolt also, and you don't have to lockup the flywheel. Believe it or not, they sell one at Harbor Freight that works pretty damn good, or you can borrow one from you local ship yard :crackup:

I would use the stock pushrods and purchase a GM cam change gasket kit. It will come with pretty well everything to do the cam swap including the balancer bolt. Those valve springs will work nicely with that cam. I preferr to use the LS6 springs myself over the 918's as long as the lift is less than .580".

A 3/4" impact gun works well for that pesky crank bolt also, and you don't have to lockup the flywheel. Believe it or not, they sell one at Harbor Freight that works pretty damn good, or you can borrow one from you local ship yard :crackup:

Well, the crank bolt is a torque to yield bolt which means it's designed to stretch. Not a good idea to tighten with an impact gun. It will break if overtorqued.