Vortech's new system with Aftercooler

tbyrne

VortechAFT.jpg

Vortech Engineering now has a supercharger with Aftercooler available for the 2003 Silverado SS, Cadillac Escalade and GMC Denali.

Kit details:

Flywheel horsepower/torque 6.0 Chevrolet SS truck:

stock (factory rating) ---345/380

supercharged (estimate based on % increase @ wheels)--- 465/494

Manifold boost pressure: 7-8 psig @ redline

Includes V2 S-trim supercharger with 3.33? driven pulley

Complete fuel system upgrade includes replacement fuel injectors, fuel lines and a high flow supplemental fuel pump with harness. Included hand-held programmer also controls ignition timing and fuel enrichment.

Molded air inlet ducting assembly features the Vortech logo, maintains factory appearance and employs the stock air box

Includes replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assembly

Oil drain and oil feed assemblies allow for maintenance free operation. Tools included for simple modification of oil pan for supercharger drain fitting installation

Factory appearing cast aluminum supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idler, drive belt and all hardware

Air/water charge cooler system included. Charge cooler assembly includes:

a) Welded aluminum charge cooler core with discharge tubes, Bosch compressor bypass valve, silicone elbow, sleeves and stainless steel clamps

b) Charge cooler water storage tank with hoses, clamps and plumbing

c) Compact water circulation pump for closed loop cooling

d) Highly effective water cooler

Supercharger kit installation time is rated at 13-15 hours.

CARB E.O. D-213-19 has been assigned to this kit

It is strongly recommended an aftermarket transmission shift kit upgrade be installed.

We have some introductory pricing available for this system. It can be shipped within a few days.

Tom

Just send an e-mail over or give us a call tomorrow for the introductory pricing. I think you'll like it :)

The Vortech kits aren't to bad to install. They do a good job with their instructions so a person with basic mechanial skills can get through it. The kit I want for my Silverado HD looks like this but is made by Paxton. Just need to wait for them to finish the version for the '02s.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

SilveradoSS04: I can check on sizes/prices on Monday. I believe they are around $75. How much more boost would you like to run?

56chevywagon: You have to tap the pan but this kit comes with a new tool that makes it much easier than in the past.

Tom

Sorry, I forgot to post back in here. If it's not writen on my desk or in an e-mail that I can quickly see I end up forgetting about it sometimes. It's either to much to do or I'm getting older :)

This kit comes with a 3.33" pulley and smaller sizes are available down to about 2.6/2.7" I believe the sizes are 3.1, 3.0, 2.95, 2.85 and 2.75". They are $64.99 each.

This kit is now available for the 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 trucks. The only ones that come with programming are for the 2003 Escalade, Denali and Silverado SS. Programming isn't available for the rest so they get a $250. discount.

Tom

Just send an e-mail over or give us a call tomorrow for the introductory pricing. I think you'll like it :)

The Vortech kits aren't to bad to install. They do a good job with their instructions so a person with basic mechanial skills can get through it. The kit I want for my Silverado HD looks like this but is made by Paxton. Just need to wait for them to finish the version for the '02s.

Tom

Tom, why do you like the Paxton better than Vortec? Does Vortec require a tap into oil or use funky extra fuel injectors or something strange like that?

Archived