Blacked out tail lights

The first time I smoked my tails I did it with the rattle can tint and rattle can clearcoat.d It turned out nice, but it doesn't last long. After awhile, the rattle can clearcoat doesn't hold up to everyday abuse, rain/snow/sun/washing, it also scratches really easy. The second time around I sanded off the RC clear coat and some of the spray tint, and had a autobody shop professionaly spray them with a few light coats of onyx black followed by clearcoat, then they baked them. Needless to say, they look flawless and will take a lot more abuse :cool: .

If you are on a tight budget, or don't have any hook ups to a bodyshop, using the rattle can method will work just fine.

il hook you up on my old ones shaved my tailights so there sitting in my room 80 dollars shipped

oya they are black, painted them with rc nightshade.... if you paint the ourside only it looks dumb i baked mine in the oven painted the inside and outsideof the red lense clearcoated it outside and they are seriously black they looked sic on my truck takes like 2hours total if you sand them clean and everthing

il hook you up on my old ones shaved my tailights so there sitting in my room 80 dollars shipped

oya they are black, painted them with rc nightshade.... if you paint the ourside only it looks dumb i baked mine in the oven painted the inside and outsideof the red lense clearcoated it outside and they are seriously black they looked sic on my truck takes like 2hours total if you sand them clean and everthing

can you send me a pic? im interested.~~Kyle

This guy does an awesome job and very fast turn around time. My friend just got a set done, I am going to have mine done this summer:

www.jonstintedtails.com

he does good work ya say, how much do you think it will run us for a set?

I think its around 125 total, no more. I think my friends' Volkswagen GTI tails were $85 total with shipping. I am going to email him and get a quote though. His work is first class, I would rather pay a little to get it done right, cause I will prolly end up f-ing something up and ruining a set of taillights....knowing me!

Oh and I think his turn around time is something like 48 hrs...

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

I think its around 125 total, no more. I think my friends' Volkswagen GTI tails were $85 total with shipping. I am going to email him and get a quote though. His work is first class, I would rather pay a little to get it done right, cause I will prolly end up f-ing something up and ruining a set of taillights....knowing me!

Oh and I think his turn around time is something like 48 hrs...

thats sounds great, im gunna shoot him an e-mail right now. thanks :thumbs:

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)