If I won the lottery.

CoolBlueSS

Just long enough to tell some of these dirt clod double dumbass f-n customers we have what I really think. :banghead:

I love retail. I love retail. :crazy:

im a server in a restaurant... nuff said

My buddy had a store at a mall, it was one of them seasonal stores around Christmas time and we sold games. I helped out even tho its not my type of work, because he's my friend. But everyday I worked there I felt like lifting the cash register and smashing it into a customers face. I swear if I heard "I can get this cheaper at Walmart" one more time I was going to bitch slap them immidiately and remind them of what a genious they are.

ok i know retail is bad but you have no idea, until u serve in a restaurant. serving should be mandatory in the US. once you turn 18 u should have to register for the draft then serve at least 6 months in a restaurant, just so you know what its like. do you know how many times a night i get asked, "what shrimp dishes do you have?" "what kind of red wine do you have?" LOOK AT THE GOD DAMN MENU, THATS WHY ITS THERE. YOU READ IT, THEN YOU ORDER FROM IT.

also remember people if you cant afford to tip, DONT GO OUT, thats how we make our living, off of tips. general rule of thumb 15% = mediocre service 20% = good service 25%+ = excellent or better. if you're going to be cheap and leave less than 15% dont even bother, its an insult. you take it, you obviously need it way more than we do.

ok i know retail is bad but you have no idea, until u serve in a restaurant. serving should be mandatory in the US. once you turn 18 u should have to register for the draft then serve at least 6 months in a restaurant, just so you know what its like. do you know how many times a night i get asked, "what shrimp dishes do you have?" "what kind of red wine do you have?" LOOK AT THE GOD DAMN MENU, THATS WHY ITS THERE. YOU READ IT, THEN YOU ORDER FROM IT.

also remember people if you cant afford to tip, DONT GO OUT, thats how we make our living, off of tips. general rule of thumb 15% = mediocre service 20% = good service 25%+ = excellent or better. if you're going to be cheap and leave less than 15% dont even bother, its an insult. you take it, you obviously need it way more than we do.

...Just wanted to chime in on this. If it is a classy restaurant I can see it but most "establishments" these days are like TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Red Lobster etc. and the server takes your order and at best brings you your drinks. If you are lucky, maybe a stop back after someone else brings you your meal. 15% is generous. Hell most of the time I get the salad bar and serve myself. BTW, I was a server once, worked at McDonalds, mopped the floors at the local nursing home, and picked string beans on a 1,000 acre farm and when I got fed up, I looked elsewhere for a job. I think having jobs like that are essential so that you have an appreciation of what other people do once you are set in your career. I now manage operations for a small (200Mil) biotech company.

if I won the lottery, I would be like Forest Gump and cut the lawn at the local middle school for free.

hell > retail > food industry

I worked retail one summer, expensive place luckily I was also a lifeguard but wanted to make some more cash...after about a month of staying everyday I worked until 4 in the morning, and then getting yelled every other day by my 4 bosses even though I was making many sales oh oh oh and the fact I would get followed everywhere because that particular company thought everyone was stealing...list goes on and on and on. anyways After I worked closing every day for 5 days straight get home at 4 am and when they told me that I wouldnt get payed 10 hours I literally told them to go eat shit and die, when they began to tell me that I couldnt quit what am I gonna do etc etc... :yellow_loser: they were all losers on power trips. retail blows and I know a good amount of people including a few owners of expensive establishments; food service is a murder business.

All that stuff is slave work

oh yeah if I won the lotto....I would pay off the SS, my parents house, buy my pops a new car help out my sis and bro and a few things for my friends. Then I would work a little but mostly go to school because eventually the lotto money would run out (i am 21) get a marine bio degree and have fun with life.

Edited by Drako (see edit history)