Both me and the wife wrecked today

Holty

I was laying in bed this morning and got a call from my wife around 7am. She said she wrecked her car on her way to work into a guardrail off of her exit ramp. She was ok but wanted me to come look at the damage. I jumped out of bed and got dressed, fired up the SS and headed out. I got about 3/4 of the way there and hit some black ice. The roads were pretty bad this morning for some reason and the salt trucks had not come out yet. I slid off the highway at about 40 or 50mph. Slid down into an embankment and hit a tree. Got smacked in the face by my air bag and hit my head off the roof of the cab. Here are the pics, just glad we are both ok.

wreckss6.jpg

wreckss5.jpg

wreckss4.jpg

wreckss3.jpg

wreckss2.jpg

wreckss1.jpg

wreckedtiburon4.jpg

wreckedtiburon3.jpg

wreckedtiburon2.jpg

wreckedtiburon1.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry about that dude! You could always guilt the wife about making you come out. Looks like it's mostly all cosmetic damage, no major real structural damage. What is the insurance company saying?

Edit: If you must repair/replace the engine mounts and cross members, might be a good excuse to get a new 6.2L to put in there.... Some something positive to think about.

Edited by FireRescueSS (see edit history)

Oh man, I'm very sorry to see and hear this, man this really sucks big time. The weather around here has been crazy the last few days, all you see on the news around here is accidents from black ice.

Is your SS fixable? I sure hope so, would really hate to see it being written off as a total lose. Keep us all posted.

So sorry about that dude! You could always guilt the wife about making you come out. Looks like it's mostly all cosmetic damage, no major real structural damage. What is the insurance company saying?

Edit: If you must repair/replace the engine mounts and cross members, might be a good excuse to get a new 6.2L to put in there.... Some something positive to think about.

Guilt the wife huh? I can't beleive you said that.

Glad you and your wife are ok.

Holty thank god you are ok and the SS took the beating. Hopefully it can be fixed since you put so much into it.

Are you okay with the burns from the air bag? I have had my share from that damn ballon of fire.

You and your wife get some rest, you may be aching tomorrow.

Take care

Jose

thank you all for the kind comments. i'm really feeling like shit right now. not because i'm sore, which i am, but because i truely loved this truck and spent SO SO much time and money in it. the frame is bent, but i don't know if they will total it or not. won't find out until sometime next week when the adjuster comes to look at it.