Both me and the wife wrecked today

Holty

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, i want to say thank you to Dewey for offering his assistance to Jessica and I from all the way down in the "dirty south". lol I love you bro!

Justin Lamana, thank you also for offering your assistance, i'll try to meet up with you at work next week to bullshit and whatnot.

Kevin, we may be in touch on those parts, i'll let you know. Although i think i see a cowl induction hood in my near future.

Its about 11pm and i just got home, after i got the vehicles to the body shop we both went and picked up rental cars. I went back down to the body shop and helped get my truck into the garage and onto the frame machine. The frame is bent pretty bad. It pushed my motor back into the firewall but i don't think it damaged the block or the supercharger. No fuel or oil leaks but i think it bent my headers. Won't find out if they are going to total it or not until the insurance adjuster comes out sometime next week to look at it. About the only good thing out of all this madness is that i took out a custom insurance policy on my truck about 3 weeks ago that covers all my aftermarket parts completely down to the speaker wire and if they do total the truck, i get a check for the value i declared on that insurance policy which will almost be enough to buy a 08 Z06. Because of this custom policy, i HIGHLY doubt they will total the truck even though my body guy says there is about $20k in damage. We are going to work together on it and since he is a close friend of the family i will get to play a part in the rebuild process which makes me feel good and i will know it was done right. But who knows what the adjuster will say so we will see...

I'll keep you guys posted....

air bags popped and it looks like a total. but its not that big of a fix honestly. Brian aka mater has a naother frame for you i do believe

quik is probably right,it looks worse than it probably really is,and you had to live so far away!hard hits are my cup of tea.frame swaps are easy.just have to be mitticulous with it,again had to live so far away.

eighteen years in the business,if you need anything just call me.

glad you guys are allright.

Ray

Wow.

Just.

Yeah being out of the loop I have missed alot lately. I am really glad you guys are okay. Thats the number one thing here.

But I have been there it's just like having one of your kids hurt when something like this hits with something so close that you put so much of yourself into.

keep your head up.

All i can offer is Moral support Josh,and you can have as much as you need... and you have my best wishes for a Speedy repair job on your SS, i am so glad you and your wife wern't hurt badly in the accidents, they could have been so much worse, cars and trucks no matter how special can be replaced but people can't.

I Hope everything goes well with the insurance and you get fixed up pretty quickly, i know i'd be lost without my SS I get withdrawal symtoms if i don't use it every day.

All the Best Josh

eamonn

glad you are ok, will you take a vacation from bing a 'mod' untill your truck is back??:)

The worst part is the wait, can you wait till it is fixed...or untill the new SS is out, either way you are waiting.

Glad the family is alright.

damn Josh, I'm sorry to hear about your truck, that really is too bad. I'm glad you're ok. it looks like your wife's little accident wasnt too bad but your's looks pretty gnarly. Again, I hope everything gets worked out, and your insurance company takes care of you. :happysad: Good luck getting her back together or buying that new Z06.

glad you are ok, will you take a vacation from bing a 'mod' untill your truck is back??:)

The worst part is the wait, can you wait till it is fixed...or untill the new SS is out, either way you are waiting.

Glad the family is alright.

no rest for the wicked my friend

Yikes!! Glad you're both ok. Like everyone else has said, it looks worse than it really is. I've seen alot worse fixed with out any issues. A good bodyman can straighten that out. Plus, your truck being what it si, an SS, and the fact you've taken out a custom policy on it will play in your favor, because the value will be higher on yours. Good luck.