Both me and the wife wrecked today

Holty

Progress = GOOD! Hey is that a steel Goodmark hood?

Got your PM - yeah it looks pretty "proud" in the rear, I would lower it like 2-inches; is everything stock in the rear suspension? I would not mess with the front spring hanger at all, I would recommend some 2" drop shackles or if you want more then aftermarket leaf springs.

Mr. P.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress = GOOD! Hey is that a steel Goodmark hood?

Got your PM - yeah it looks pretty "proud" in the rear, I would lower it like 2-inches; is everything stock in the rear suspension? I would not mess with the front spring hanger at all, I would recommend some 2" drop shackles or if you want more then aftermarket leaf springs.

Mr. P.

thanks!

I know it kinda looks like stock height in the rear but its actually already got 2inch drop shackles. My shorter tires and stock rims give it the appearance of being higher than it really is. So you are saying new leafs plus shackles? Why not hangers? can you eloborate please?

there are no leaks. the abs module is a sealed unit i don't know how to check it other than verifying there are no leaks. there is a bleed procedure that the service manual says to do but its actually done with a tech 2 and has nothing to do with phsycialy bleeding the brakes. if thats what you're referring to that is going to happen tomorrow we had to find someone with a tech 2.

yes need to cycle the abs module....and are you sure there isnt a pinched or slight pin hole somewhere in the lines? check to see all the lines are 100% dry along the frame

thanks!

I know it kinda looks like stock height in the rear but its actually already got 2inch drop shackles. My shorter tires and stock rims give it the appearance of being higher than it really is. So you are saying new leafs plus shackles? Why not hangers? can you eloborate please?

AHHHHH did not realize that - I did the same thing and have 30" tires, that's why I chose to drop the truck an additional 3/4-inch. The reason that I say not to change the hanger is because (1) you will really jack with your pinion angle, and (2) the change in instant-center will make the truck squat more on launch and that is a no-no on our trucks, BSER gained a tenth in the quarter installing the McGaughy's hangers. I would stick with shackles & de-arched springs.

Mr. P.

AHHHHH did not realize that - I did the same thing and have 30" tires, that's why I chose to drop the truck an additional 3/4-inch. The reason that I say not to change the hanger is because (1) you will really jack with your pinion angle, and (2) the change in instant-center will make the truck squat more on launch and that is a no-no on our trucks, BSER gained a tenth in the quarter installing the McGaughy's hangers. I would stick with shackles & de-arched springs.

Mr. P.

do you mean lost a tenth? because if he gained a tenth (went faster) than i deffantely want hangers LOL. but seriously, i think i know what your saying. if you guys don't mind though, i'm going to merge this discussion into a new topic so we can keep my rebuild topic "On topic", werd.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't ****in believe it, the truck is 100% done and back home. Snapped some quick pictures today although truck is filthy. I'll get some vid and better pics up very soon. Truck is lowered about 4inches front, 3inches rear and got it all lined up today and inspected. Failed emission though due to 02 readiness checks. enjoy...

IMG_0393Large.jpg

IMG_0394Large.jpg

IMG_0398Large.jpg

IMG_0371Large.jpg

IMG_0375Large.jpg

IMG_0382Large.jpg

IMG_0385Large.jpg

IMG_0366Large.jpg

IMG_0368Large.jpg

IMG_0370Large.jpg