SSS vs. 1980 something sanoma

RMZracerx234

94-96 Caprices had a 4.3 V8 also.

I think some of the 80's monte carlos did as well..

The caprices 4.3 v.8 was pretty similar to the lt1...

infact a guy I know bought a caprice thinking he was getting and lt1...lol....

oppps... guess he should have checked the VIN

very true but i doubt he had a 260 transplant in his 80 something sonoma but you never know i guess.

GM made that 265ci 4.3l v8 from 1954-56. Im with Riversidekid Im pretty sure it wasnt a 4.3l v8. I think its very possible that he had a 262ci 4.3l v6. I had a 1993 4-door Blazer Tahoe edition it had the Vortec 4.3L v6. Bought new for $16,000. I recently gave it to my younger brother. That SUV has some balls. I've raced silverado's with at least exhaust and did win from a dig and roll. So I dont find it hard to believe that he hung with you. Drop the Vortec 4.3l in a S-10 with some good shoe's. I believe it!

post-8750-1177023263_thumb.jpg

In 1994 there was an aftermarket company that was retrofitting lt1's into S-10 pick-ups. They called them S-10 Stallions. I read about them in an old Car Craft magazine. You could buy these trucks through certain dealerships with warranty just like you could the SLP Camaros and Firebirds.

In 1994 there was an aftermarket company that was retrofitting lt1's into S-10 pick-ups. They called them S-10 Stallions. I read about them in an old Car Craft magazine. You could buy these trucks through certain dealerships with warranty just like you could the SLP Camaros and Firebirds.

That would have been a fun truck! 94' was the round body style huh.

They sell kits for s-10's and suzuki samari's amoung other vehicles to fit a SB but I'm pretty sure from the exhaust alone he would have known it was a v8. Also if it was a syclone or a typhoon 4.3 im pretty sure he would have heard the boost in between shift's. Or blow off valve. :dunno: