Adding an SS rear bumper to a stock Silverado

I have a 2004 Silverado 4X4 that had major surgery on the front end (you can see pics in my photo album of the damage my baby sustained). Now it has an SS front clip and is being painted in the next day or so with the flame job going on as well. I have a line on a rear 2003 SS bumper and brackets and was wondering if besides the brackets there are any other obstacles to swapping bumpers? I don't want to get the SS assembly and find that the hitch, spare tire mount, etc all have to be different as well.

Oh and while I am having it sent to me is there anything else I should get stripped off the wrecked SS to put on mine that I'm not thinking of?

Also if anyone in Oregon has the rear assembly they want to sell I'd be glad to take it off their hands. I have to have one shipped from CA but even with shipping it's a better deal than buying OEM.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Dbl_Tap (see edit history)

Thanks guys. Wouldn't have know I needed those. Could anyone post some pictures of that area so I know what I should be getting when it arrives?

The wrecking yard also wants to know if I need any of the other moulding. are there others I need? The whole front end is brand new oem parts assembled by my shop so nothing up front should be lacking.

Ok, the guy at the yard in response to asking what other molding are there had this to say:

"THERE ARE MOULDINGS ON THE DOORS, FENDERS, AND THE BED.... I HAVE MOST OF THEM SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU NEED..."

I took all of the mouldings off of my truck and from pictures I'm looking at of other SS's I'm not seeing any other moldings. Am I missing something that is going to make things look really bad converting from a stock Silverado to an SS?

you are missing the fact that the SS has cladding/ plastic body panels the full length of the truck. they make up the lowest one foot of the truck they are very well engineered and hard to even notice unless you get up to the truck. If you put a stock bumper on there it will be too wide. If you got the ones that they sell from stylin concepts it will fit for your truck. Ironically they dont fit on the real SSS.

Good luck the Cladding is expensive stuff.

it goes from the lower body line all the way to the bottom of the truck its called cladding if you look at your body it is rounded on the bottom and ours is more square not sure if you can see it in these pics or not but ill get some better ones tomorrow when im at the car show and the sun is shining

DSCI0090.jpg

post-6481-1176571295.jpg

Edited by pimp ss (see edit history)

you are missing the fact that the SS has cladding/ plastic body panels the full length of the truck. they make up the lowest one foot of the truck they are very well engineered and hard to even notice unless you get up to the truck. If you put a stock bumper on there it will be too wide. If you got the ones that they sell from stylin concepts it will fit for your truck. Ironically they dont fit on the real SSS.

Good luck the Cladding is expensive stuff.

Well thanks for raining on my parade guys :) Anyone know a part number for the Stylin rear bumper? I couldn't find it. I did find roll pans galore but no bumpers. Do they may roll pans that do not require any modification of the current hitch and spare tire etc?

A roll pan will definitely be cheaper than what I'd need to get off the wrecking guy.

Well thanks for raining on my parade guys :) Anyone know a part number for the Stylin rear bumper? I couldn't find it. Will probably be cheaper than what I'd need to get off the wrecking guy.

stylin does not have a rear bumper they have a really gay looking roll pan like the one on the RST trucks get the cladding and use a real SSS bumper it will be the sweetest if you settle for the roll pan from stylin you wont be happy go for it all and get what you wanted to start with

post-6481-1176575203.jpg

The cost is going to start getting really expensive though from the wrecking yard. They want $100 a piece just for the very rear cladding behind the wheel wells back to the bumper. I'm scared what he'd want for the rest and I do have the extended cab so I'd need a lot of cladding.

The cost is going to start getting really expensive though from the wrecking yard. They want $100 a piece just for the very rear cladding behind the wheel wells back to the bumper. I'm scared what he'd want for the rest and I do have the extended cab so I'd need a lot of cladding.

Thats cheap the one cladding piece I just bought from the dealer for the rear passenger door was $300+ painted and installed.

I think these SS guys r saying just get those 2 rear cladding peices behind the rear tires and add the factory SS rear bumper (like u have already started to do). It will look fine w/o the ENTIRE SS lower body cladding kit, these 2 peices will help finish out the a*s-end of your truck better. Am I right guys? :cool: