Trans carnage...reccomendations

Well I finally got around to pulling my trans and my trans guy called tonight. "What the F#*K did you do to this thing?" he asked. Anyhow he couldn't get it all the way apart yet (didn't try real hard) but he did say that so far I need a pump, output shaft and I'm sure some other stuff. I refuse to spend $3500 on a trans so anyone got a core I can buy? If not I guess a hardened output, pump, and probably some other $hit are in order if my case is still good and I can't find a core.

Dave

At this point I'm a little low on dough to shell out 3-4K on a new trans. I have no problem replacing them as I break em. Went over today and got my trans apart. Turns out it's not as bad as I though. I need a output shaft, front pump and a internal reaction gear support. Believe it or not everything else looks ok. Apparently when the output shaft broke it locked up and broke the pump too. I guess at least it kept it from pumping tons of junk thru the trans. The fluid was cherry red and no small pieces/parts were in the pan. Only the output shaft and a few chunks of it were inside and inside the pump the vanes were broken. I should be good to go again after $3-400 bucks (for now).

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Finally up and running. Put my trans back in last night and all I had was 2nd and 3rd. Turns out my buddy who built it hadn't fully seated the 1-2 shift solenoid. I was under the truck at 6:30am this morning so I could drop the pan. That's when I found the solenoid not all the way plugged in. Drove about 150 miles today no problems, shifts great (still). It only cost me about $350 to fix it, BTW that is the third trans repair. #1 was 3-4 clutches(total rebuild) and #2 was a broken output shaft, reaction gear support, and front pump. So far at least I'm only about $500 deep in 2 trans rebuilds so I'm still under the $3500 FLT bar. Let me say that I believe their trans is definately worth it but I have other places my money needs to go right now. Later

Dave