Yank TT 3000

Is it true that with a Yank TT 3000 the rpm's will never drop below 2600? :confused:

No. It meant that between shifts at WOT, it would only drop so many RPM. When shifting @ 5800 RPM, the truck falls back to 4000 RPM on the TT3000. Trust me, it's a tight convertor. I have no troubles being doctile around town. It's my daily driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is rookie question, but have never had a different stall speed converter other than stock.

So what is it like when taking off from a stop light ? Does it not engage until it hits 3 K or does it act like normal, and than when shifting from 2 - 3 it will only drop to 3500 +/-

I want to get a 3000 yank converter, but was just wondering how it would be around town ?

Thx

Dave

What is going to be the difference between the 2600, 3200, and the 3000? sorry, also rookie on these things. I Did talk with a yank dealer and they said that only a 2600 OR 3200 is available for use in ss, but not 3000. any insight would be helpful before I decide. It will be my daily driver towing only occasionally. thx.

The 2600 is a 11" converter that Yank sells. The 3000 is the same converter, restalled to give it a few more rpms. The 3200 is a completely different converter that has a smaller diameter. The two larger diameter converters will be the best choice for towing.

I've had both the 3000 and the 2600. I liked my 3000 in my 99 Z71, but at times it bothered me. In traffic for instance, it would take more throttle to get moving. Couple that with a louder exhaust, and it sounds like you are really aggressive when in fact you are just trying to pull up. The 2600 I have now is more like a 2800 in the SS because our trucks make more power. At times, I don't even know I have it in there. Its near perfect. I could let me wife drive it and almost bet that she wouldn't know the difference. The 3000 had more of a sloppy feel and took more to get going. I think she would have noticed it.

For the guys new to converters, think of it like driving a manual transmission vehicle. On the stock converter, you'd be completely off the clutch by 1600 rpms and have no slippage. While a 2600 would be similar to keeping the clutch partially pressed for a little longer. The 3000 is more clutch. You don't have to get to 2600 rpms before the vechicle moves, but there is more slipping and wasted rpms until you get to the converters stall speed. The benefit is that you get to your engine power band sooner and have a harder take off because of it.

Archived