Had My SS Dyno Tested

Fireman31

I had my SS dyno tested today on a Mustang Dyno at a local performance shop, and I must say that I am quite pleased with the results:

309 RWHP

357 RWTQ

12.5 AFR

The guy used a formula to calculate the flywheel HP and told me that it is pulling somewhere between

370hp and 380hp at the flywheel.

I must say that I am impressed with the numbers of my lightly modded SS.

:chevy::driving:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Was it a loaded dyno? That means it provides magnetic resistance to simulate the weight of your truck and wind drag.

When I tested mine on a Mustang dyno, it was a loaded dyno. My numbers were lower than yours. I had 289 HP and 320 ft-lb at the rear wheels. At the time, I had a mild tune and a K&N drop in. I have not tested it since my more aggressive tune, CAI and cat-back were installed.

Good numbers!

Mike

Was it a loaded dyno? That means it provides magnetic resistance to simulate the weight of your truck and wind drag.

When I tested mine on a Mustang dyno, it was a loaded dyno. My numbers were lower than yours. I had 289 HP and 320 ft-lb at the rear wheels. At the time, I had a mild tune and a K&N drop in. I have not tested it since my more aggressive tune, CAI and cat-back were installed.

Good numbers!

Mike

Yeah it was a loaded dyno, a Mustang MD-1100SE. I was actually shocked by the numbers, I didn't expect anything over 290hp. The second run was lower...2nd gear 35-90 mph and it ran 294rwhp and 342rwtq. The 309rwhp run was the last pull in 3rd gear from 75-115mph. :cool:

Yeah it was a loaded dyno, a Mustang MD-1100SE. I was actually shocked by the numbers, I didn't expect anything over 290hp. The second run was lower...2nd gear 35-90 mph and it ran 294rwhp and 342rwtq. The 309rwhp run was the last pull in 3rd gear from 75-115mph. :cool:

You pulled to 115MPH in 3rd gear? What RPM was that? I guess I am just used to taking her to 150+ in 3rd (6500rpm's).

BTW, very nice numbers for a Mustang dyno! Dyno's are fun, if I was 2wd, I would be on it every month :ughdance:

a little off topic here but, how much does it cost to get dynoed? i might get one done in the future.

Around here, I think it's 40 - 50 depending on the shop. That's for three pulls. I have always been able to dyno for free because my neighbor owns a Dyno Jet, and the University I work for has a brand new Mustang dyno. I did "donate" 25 bucks to the school last time I used the dyno there.

Mike

I was using the dynos (4 different shops) on an hourly basis until I bought 30 pulls for $300 (Hellofa deal). The places I was at charged $75 and hour. Typically I could get 3-4 pulls in in that amount of time.

If you only pulled to 115, you shut down early.

The damn speed limiter kicked in at 116 (Hypertech) and forced him to shut down....He was around 5000rpm or so if I remember correctly. The guy that dynoed it said he thought he could have made 315hp if the limiter didn't kick in. :driving:

Needless to say I was surprised that it turned such high numbers with a generic tune...........I wonder what it would run with a custome PCM tune??

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)